New-style ship maps...

RickEk

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I thought I would.

We received a new-style ship map when we boarded Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago. It's in color and unfolds into a giant (compared to the old maps) color-coded map of the ship. On the other side, it has some FAQ's. The first FAQ concerns where lunch is being served and mentions the dining rooms (no more carrying around copies of what dining venues should be open on embarkation day! :p). The map also has a pocket for your cruise card.

I thought it was nice that they updated the maps... it's much more informative for the first-time cruiser than the old ones.

Here's a few photos...

6030569735_babffe5b84_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess Map by RickEk, on Flickr

6030574089_2d1d40dd3f_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess - Color-coded map by RickEk, on Flickr

6030578643_2458fedb48_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess - Map other side by RickEk, on Flickr

Interesting. Looks awfully big to me. It wouldn't fit in a pocket.

No, all folded up, it's the size of the cruise card.

We got one of those on the Golden last month but we couldn't find the laundry rooms on on the map for each floor, unlike the old ship map.

Maybe we overlooked something?

Well, the one for Caribbean Princess has a little icon for laundromats and they seem to be correct...

Just curious--did you write your cabin number in yourself, or was it written for you at check-in? The last think I would want is something that might be seen falling out of my pocket as I move about the ship to have my cabin number on it!

Just curious--did you write your cabin number in yourself, or was it written for you at check-in? The last think I would want is something that might be seen falling out of my pocket as I move about the ship to have my cabin number on it!

The cabin number was written on it at check in. I was glad it was there the 1st day so I could remember what cabin I was in :p I love the new maps. Easy to fit in your pocket and big enough to actually read.

It is written in at check-in by the check-in clerk.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I thought I would.

We received a new-style ship map when we boarded Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago. It's in color and unfolds into a giant (compared to the old maps) color-coded map of the ship. On the other side, it has some FAQ's. The first FAQ concerns where lunch is being served and mentions the dining rooms (no more carrying around copies of what dining venues should be open on embarkation day! :p). The map also has a pocket for your cruise card.

I thought it was nice that they updated the maps... it's much more informative for the first-time cruiser than the old ones.

Here's a few photos...

6030569735_babffe5b84_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess Map by RickEk, on Flickr

6030574089_2d1d40dd3f_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess - Color-coded map by RickEk, on Flickr

6030578643_2458fedb48_b.jpg

Caribbean Princess - Map other side by RickEk, on Flickr

Rick,

Does this then put an end to the blue/gold/platinum/elite coloured cards we have received in the past for our stateroom keys and Circle designation?

If so they'll have one hell of a time figuring out who's what Circle level for access to "appie" hour in Skywalkers. It will also make the issue of elite tendering priority a no brainer as this card does not appear to show what Circle level the passenger is.

Love the larger deck plans BUT I'm afraid the card looks like a cheap and shoddy card with handwritten stateroom number on it.

Ciao for now!!!

Rick,

Does this then put an end to the blue/gold/platinum/elite coloured cards we have received in the past for our stateroom keys and Circle designation?

If so they'll have one hell of a time figuring out who's what Circle level for access to "appie" hour in Skywalkers. It will also make the issue of elite tendering priority a no brainer as this card does not appear to show what Circle level the passenger is.

Love the larger deck plans BUT I'm afraid the card looks like a cheap and shoddy card with handwritten stateroom number on it.

Ciao for now!!!

The cruise cards are all still the same. This is just the map for the ship.

Hi All

We thought the new maps were very good,

not that we needed them, but as with ever cruise on the first few days

you see many folk trying to work out which end is the pointy end,

So who will be the first to collect the full set of maps.

yours Shogun

Do you get one map per stateroom, or one per person?

Thanks

We got one per person last month. We don't really use them, but they are a nice improvement over the old maps. Saw plenty of people toting them around for most of the cruise.

Rick;

Thanks for the info on the new maps:):):) On another note, I was driving through your neighborhood last week and you didn't even wave.....:(:(

Bob

Well, that's 'cause I was on the Caribbean Princess! :D

Archived