What ships have Carnival's own brand of beer?

Avril

I was just reading an article here on cruise critic about Carnival's own brand of beer, Thirsty Frog Red Ale (sounds yummy)!!!! :D It said it's currently available onboard the Magic and 15 other ships (and will be soon on the Splendor, Spirit and Paradise). Does anyone know what ships these are? The article didn't say. :confused:

And I think it's way too funny that they ran out on the Magic, I'll bet you anything someone got introuble for that one!! :D

Thanks!!!! :D

Here's my current list...

Thirsty Frog Red

Carnival Magic

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor

:)

I believe it's the least expensive beer that Carnival sells at $5.50 for a 20 ounce glass...

Mach...not ?-ing your $, but I seem to recall that the other Bud product on draft (BL, I believe) was a bit cheaper on the Dream in June, but that might have been the price with the souvenir glass.

Cruisers should be aware that the TRF is only availale at one bar on each ship (Atrium on the Dream). Mach, was it only in the pub on the Magic? Not available poolside or on the Serenity deck. It's tap only, comes in a glass not bottle, but then not plastic glass either. However, you can carry it around with you. And some bartenders pour it with little head so you get an extra couple of sips.:)

Mach...not ?-ing your $, but I seem to recall that the other Bud product on draft (BL, I believe) was a bit cheaper on the Dream in June, but that might have been the price with the souvenir glass.

Cruisers should be aware that the TRF is only availale at one bar on each ship (Atrium on the Dream). Mach, was it only in the pub on the Magic? Not available poolside or on the Serenity deck. It's tap only, comes in a glass not bottle, but then not plastic glass either. However, you can carry it around with you. And some bartenders pour it with little head so you get an extra couple of sips.:)

Yeah, you're right but I think that was a 16 ounce serving...

Yeah, you're right but I think that was a 16 ounce serving...

Thanks.

Someone needs to resurrect that beer value pricing spreadsheet and add TRF to the mix.

cruisinpyschRN...more of a amber ale. Try Bud's American Ale or Mich's Amber Bock on tap sometime, very similar. At least to this craftdraft drinker.

Thanks.

Someone needs to resurrect that beer value pricing spreadsheet and add TRF to the mix.

cruisinpyschRN...more of a amber ale. Try Bud's American Ale or Mich's Amber Bock on tap sometime, very similar. At least to this craftdraft drinker.

ugh! i think i'll pass!

...more of a amber ale. Try Bud's American Ale or Mich's Amber Bock on tap sometime, very similar. At least to this craftdraft drinker.

Bummer. I was so excited when I saw this post at first. My husband is a competitive home brewer/judge and is a beer snob (IMO). I was thinking that if they had a specialty brew that was really good (and wishing it was an IPA), that he'd be thrilled and willing to cruise way more often! LOL

Oh well ...

Bummer. I was so excited when I saw this post at first. My husband is a competitive home brewer/judge and is a beer snob (IMO). I was thinking that if they had a specialty brew that was really good (and wishing it was an IPA), that he'd be thrilled and willing to cruise way more often! LOL

Oh well ...

One of our RollCallers is a home brewer too and he enjoyed it. I liked it too, just got a bit smuggy when the following weekend I did a "tour" of the Bud brewery in Jax and while sampliing a Mich AB went, hmmm tastes a bit like TRF.:eek: Then it was unoffically confirmed that TRF's "special brewer" was Bud. I'm sure I'll be swilling it again on the Breeze

This is great news...love alot of Brew Pub beers! Thanks for the post!:)

No problem!! :D I'm happy to see that the Dream is on the list!! :D :D I can't wait to try it whe I'm onboard for New Years!!!! :D

My husband loved it last week on the Valor . . .$5.50 a glass, $4.00 additional for the Red Frog glass to keep.

Cool, I'd love to have the galss as a souvenir!! :D What do the glasses look like, does anyone know?

I believe the mug is what you get to keep for 4.00 extra and the 22oz glass for 5.50 is the one you drink and leave!

That mug is cool looking, have to get me one of those!! :D The beer looks good as well, gonna have me (probably more than) 1 of those!! :D

Thanks!! :D :D

Thanks.

Read on another thread that it is like Aruba Red, which is a specialty beer at the Bahama Breeze chain that Anheiser Busch makes for them.

The glass we got on the Valor last week was not the mug with handle but rather the same as the other picture the beer was being poured into with the "red frog" logo on one side and "carnival" on the other.

That's cool, the glass is nice as well!! :) Actually, I think I like the glass better!!!! :D

• 4 months later...
Here's my current list...

Thirsty Frog Red

Carnival Magic

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor

It was on the Spirit over Thanksgiving.

Anyone know if it is on the Inspiration yet?

On the Valor is was available in the lobby and serenity, both by the glass and the pitcher. On the serenity it was plastic cups. While in the cigar bar with my glass I was asked if I wanted another. I was suprised and asked is he was sure as I thought is was only avalible in the lobby and serenity, and he said no problem he could get it. I had to go and did not test it, but even is you do not see the cool looking tap ask as they may still be able to get it for you.

Archived