RCI says "I have to wait my turn"

I called RCI C&A this afternoon just to see if I could get our D+ pins by our next cruise on Freedom 10-30-11. We earned it on our Enchantment sail last 1-17-11. I talked to a pleasent C&A rep Mike but he blew me off and said to ask for them on our next trip in Oct. I told him that they didnt have D+ pins on board and that RCI has to mail them out to us. He again said to just ask on board as they are backordered and on ship is my only option..GGGRRRRRRRRRR! I told Mike I bet my Jeweler in St Thomas could whip up me a D+ pin while I visit and before I had to get back on board..LOL Anyway WE are going to have a great cruise w or w/o a D+ pin and eventually RCI will clear their backorders;)

Don't get stressed over the Diamond Plus pin, save it for when they pass you over for upgrades !!!

Diamond+ simply means you have spent mega $$ with this cruise line, why on earth would you think you deserve recognition by them? The loyalty program they have appears to reward the first time cruisers over the Diamond+ with the upgrades. And now it seems that the platinum & Emerald folks can pick their pins up on board any ship while the Diamond+ wait in line like good loyal little boys and girls.

I, like many of you belong to quite a few loyalty programs and they are very fair, spell out what their program and rules are all about and reward on that basis but RCCL appears not to have the concept of loyalty down. Could it be that the same person who runs the web site is also in charge of the loyalty program?

I called RCI C&A this afternoon just to see if I could get our D+ pins by our next cruise on Freedom 10-30-11. We earned it on our Enchantment sail last 1-17-11. I talked to a pleasent C&A rep Mike but he blew me off and said to ask for them on our next trip in Oct. I told him that they didnt have D+ pins on board and that RCI has to mail them out to us. He again said to just ask on board as they are backordered and on ship is my only option..GGGRRRRRRRRRR! I told Mike I bet my Jeweler in St Thomas could whip up me a D+ pin while I visit and before I had to get back on board..LOL Anyway WE are going to have a great cruise w or w/o a D+ pin and eventually RCI will clear their backorders;)

Was Mike at the D+ desk, or just "regular" C&A?

If just "regular", you need to call again, dial the C&A number (800-526-9723), and when the recorded voice answers, hit 9.

I finally received my Diamond pin, delivered to my cabin when I sailed the Oasis. This was 4 cruises after I became Diamond. Big deal. My husband didn't get one. Hahaha! But he gets all the emails. Anyway, I left the pin in the cabin. Didn't mean a thing to me and I certainly wasn't ever going to wear it.

Being a lowly gold member (one night away from being platinum), what is all the hype about with the Diamond Kit? What is included in it?

The kit is really not big of deal. Its a Pin, Luggage Tags, a card that says your name and C& A # and Diamond Plus on it. The most important things to me about being D+ is the discounts, CL, The Coupon Books for savings etc. Its nice to have the pin and stuff, and I appreciate it, but I dont think its worth getting upset over, but hey whatever....

We turned Diamond plus on our Feb cruise. We were told everything was on back order and would be mailed out. We were on again in March. Going again in September, November and December. I guess my thoughts on this is wheter its a big deal or not it should be mailed out with a nice welcome and thank you for your loyalty letter. We should not have to be making phone calls all the time. In fact we should not have had to make any phone calls. :p Called 2 weeks ago and still waiting.

Thank you Merion Mom I will call this P M :)

Great News.. I just talked to Alicia at theC&A desk @ 4:00 pm today and she said they finally received a shipment of the D+ pins and that they were filling the backorders this week but to please give them about 30 days to get all of them out... We will see if this is just smoke or light at the end of the tunnel.... Thanks again Merion Mom for your help..:)

Archived