RCI says "I have to wait my turn"

I have been waiting for my Diamond Plus kit since December 2010.

When I inquired about it, they told me that they had run out and were waiting for a re-supply from their vendor. Now they are telling me "I will have to wait my turn". What, they only mail out a certain number of kits per month? And what are the requirements for it to be "my turn"?

It amazes me that we all so easily trust them our hard earned money for our cruises, and yet they can't/won't/don't follow thru on their own loyalty program that they publicize on their own crown and anchor web site. If they operated their cruise ships the way they operate the loyalty program,we'd probably never leave the dock!

I know, there will be people who say the kit is no big deal and I know it isn't. It's the principle of the thing. If they don't want to send the kits, don't offer them. And please, don't tell me "to wait my turn".

:confused:

I have been waiting for my Diamond Plus kit since December 2010.

When I inquired about it, they told me that they had run out and were waiting for a re-supply from their vendor. Now they are telling me "I will have to wait my turn". What, they only mail out a certain number of kits per month? And what are the requirements for it to be "my turn"?

It amazes me that we all so easily trust them our hard earned money for our cruises, and yet they can't/won't/don't follow thru on their own loyalty program that they publicize on their own crown and anchor web site. If they operated their cruise ships the way they operate the loyalty program,we'd probably never leave the dock!

I know, there will be people who say the kit is no big deal and I know it isn't. It's the principle of the thing. If they don't want to send the kits, don't offer them. And please, don't tell me "to wait my turn".

:confused:

Why don't you ask Firstplacechef to send you one of his :eek:

I've been waiting since 2007 for my diamond package. I wanted the pin just to have one. I've called several times and tried to get one onboard, but get nothing but excuses:

- They are out

- They are on backorder and they will put my name on a list so I'll get one when they come in

- They sent it and I need to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery

- They don't give pins out onboard anymore

- I was already sent one and they don't send replacements

I finally decided that the frustration wasn't worth it. My husband didn't get his package either when he made diamond in 2008. I heard there was supposed to be a pin for platinum but I never got that one either.

I'll be diamond plus in another 6 months. I wonder if I'll get the diamond plus kit.

I made 2-star Mariner status with HAL in April. I got pins from them about 3 weeks after my cruise. I've only sailed twice with them. I've sailed 9X with RC plus two cruises booked.

Being a lowly gold member (one night away from being platinum), what is all the hype about with the Diamond Kit? What is included in it?

Ur not missing much, opened ours up and never took anything out of it yet.

1 lapel pin per member....they tell you not to wear( there was a problem a while back about passengers wearing somekind of pins that looked like the same pins the crew wears, so instead of chancing it, we won't be wearing the pins anywhere

2 Luggage tags per person

1 memebership card per member

Jimbo:)

Ur not missing much, opened ours up and never took anything out of it yet.

1 lapel pin per member....they tell you not to wear( there was a problem a while back about passengers wearing somekind of pins that looked like the same pins the crew wears, so instead of chancing it, we won't be wearing the pins anywhere

2 Luggage tags per person

1 memebership card per member

Jimbo:)

The pins they send are NOT the pins they are asking people not to wear.

For those of you waiting for "back-ordered" D+ pins, ask the LA on your next cruise for one -- they usually have a supply of them, and they have records of your status in C&A. Don't know if they have the luggage tags, but most folks just want their C&A pins, anyway. :cool:

I asked the LA on Serenade for one last year but was told that they don't give out the pins onboard anymore. I was supposed the get them by mail from C&A.

Well, that just stinks! :eek:

When we turned Diamond, they had just stopped mailing out those pins, and they suggested we contact the LA on our next cruise. Fortunately, she had them. Our D+ packet was mailed to us, last year -- just weeks after our qualifying cruise. RC must be having issues with their supplier, because they encourage C&A members to wear those silly pins. After all, it's free advertising for their loyalty program! :cool:

We finally got our Diamond pin and a crystal ship (heavy paper weight type in a blue box with a congratulations message) both left in our cabin by our steward while onboard the LOS....I was surprised by this, as I had never even asked about it when we reached that milestone a few cruises earlier.....

I was just happy for a couple of free glasses of wine, with my luck, they will probably limit the wineor take it away LOL.

We never got a pin or anything after, gold,platinum, or diamond. I do not know if the pin really makes a difference in service, the sea pass card shows the level, but it would be nice to have one, especially if I ever make D+ status.

Why don't you ask Firstplacechef to send you one of his :eek:

Now THAT is funny! :D

All I got was a total of 6 pins, no luggage tags and no membership card, :(

You only get the pins for Diamond. Luggage tags are for D+.

For those of you waiting for "back-ordered" D+ pins, ask the LA on your next cruise for one -- they usually have a supply of them, and they have records of your status in C&A. Don't know if they have the luggage tags, but most folks just want their C&A pins, anyway. :cool:

Every LA has told me that while they often have Platinum, Emerald, & Diamond Pins, they do not stock D+ pins. Those have to be mailed to you.

And it took me quite a while to get the D+ "kit", too. Big whoop.

Every LA has told me that while they often have Platinum, Emerald, & Diamond Pins, they do not stock D+ pins. Those have to be mailed to you.

And it took me quite a while to get the D+ "kit", too. Big whoop.

Kind of what they say right on their highly reliable, accurate, user friendly website.

Crown & Anchor Society s.gif

Q: I never received my lapel pin, how can I obtain this? s.gif

A: For Platinum, Emerald and Diamond members, lapel pins are distributed by the Loyalty & Cruise Sales staff onboard our ships. For Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club members, the lapel pin is mailed to guests who have achieved these levels. If you haven't received your lapel pin to date, please contact us

I wonder how many people actually wear their pins - of any level......

Except, of course, for the people who pushed their way in front of us in line for a shore excursion bus a couple of years ago. They were very rude and made it clear that they should be first in line because of their "status"......

Except, of course, for the people who pushed their way in front of us in line for a shore excursion bus a couple of years ago. They were very rude and made it clear that they should be first in line because of their "status"......

We actually only wear ours to C&A functions. And, we'd never dream of hogging our way into a line, based on being D+! Sorry to hear that you had that experience, but jerks will be jerks. If they don't have loyalty status to throw in someone's face, it will be the suite they are staying in, or how much money they make, or what they do for a living. Am I right? ;)

On the first day of our last cruise, we headed over to the maitre 'd at the appointed time to have our seating changed, along with several others. It was handled in a very orderly manner--each pax's seapass card was lined up on a table in the order in which they were received. Each passenger was given patient and polite attention in order.

Well, a higher-up status cruiser was simply incensed that he had to wait, and approached the staff to request immediate assistance ahead of all the others. He continually pointed to his card, huffed and puffed, and stared angrily at the rest of us lowly beings. The staff essentially ignored him. He must of turned 50 shades of red, he was that angry. It was a little frightening--I was afraid he was gonna have a stroke!!

Teddie

Archived