Conquest out of NOLA! Suggestions welcome!

smc1313s

This is our 2nd cruise, the first was Glory out of Port Canaveral Eastern Caribbean in '09. I had not discovered this site before then. I have learned sooooo much here though! We had an inside on Rivera deck forward. My DW and I are sailing the Conquest out of NOLA in January. This time we booked a balcony mid ship...sooo excited about that! We are driving down from TN the day before, so only 1 night in the city. I am still researching hotels, looking for one with park-n-cruise. I am thinking the Drury, but some have said that their parking is being redone. The other is Holiday Inn Superdome. I want a hotel close to the port with park-n-cruise, near the Quarter, and affordable...not asking for much huh?:D I am also researching for a good place to have dinner the night we stay in NO too. Any suggestions on either would be fabulous, as well as recent reviews or pics from the Conquest. We are planning Sunset Beach Resort in MoBay, hoping it is a good choice. Turtle farm in Cayman on our own (the wife loves turtles). No plans for Coz, just planning to explore. Open to suggestions for Coz like where to eat and shop. I have been reading posts here for a while and all you Carnival peeps are so friendly and helpful, so just thought I'd put this out there! Thanks in advance for any info!

I used Drury once and Holiday Inn superdome twice for $99 for the cruise package with free parking. Be sure to ask which cruise package and they have two.

A TA I talked to go a hotel with parking for $89, but I have not been able to beat Holiday Inn and last time waited 3 months to get the $99 rate.

Holiday Inn has a parking garage and a shuttle. The shuttle leaves on the hour and the night before will drop you in french qtr if you want to explore and take you to the port. They are not allowed to pick you up at the port. Taxi's have it sewn up. The garage and shuttle are nice, though Drury has much nicer rooms.

I've done the same cruise but out of Galveston, TX and on the Conquest. LOVE LOVE that ship...There are a lot of reviews on here about that including my own.(see my siggy) I am about to leave out of NOLA port so I can not speak to that...ask me in a week when I return :D:D

Grand Cayman turtle farm is fun. Also stingray island as well. You should ck that out too. There is an excursion for that with carnival but also there is one that you can book on your own. We booked with Native Way Water Sports. They were AWSOME!!! it was a combo of stingrays, turtles and tour...and we had time after to shop & eat prior to getting back on the boat.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful Trip and I know you will love that ship!!!

I walked to the port from drury btw .. and we took a taxi back due to all the brick streets being so hard on my suitcase wheels. Its not far .. but its bumpy and tricky to get in back of the convention center and then I had to get down some steps with my suitcase.

I have easily walked into the french qtr from both the holiday inn and drury. those 2 short blocks really are not that far .. both are right on the outskirts of french qtr. Holiday Inn had the free shuttle so we let them drop us off but we walked back to the hotel.

We just booked the Drury Inn for our January cruise, and they said we would not be able to park our car there during the cruise. Bummer. We decided to stay anyway and just park at the parking garage near the port.

You MUST go eat at Coop's. It's on Decatur St. It has the best food in the city!! You can go to trip advisor or google all the reviews about it!! I go eat there all the time and it's to me one the best places to eat in the quarter!! I have to say that NOLA has some of the best food anywhere I have been:)

Archived