Question about luggage drop-off at Cape Liberty

Fred C

I'll be driving to Cape Liberty and would like to know the procedure for the luggage drop-off.

Do I drive to the terminal, let my wife out with the luggage, and then park or do I park first and then bring the luggage back with us? And is there a shuttle from the parking lot to the ship? Thanks.

I'll be driving to Cape Liberty and would like to know the procedure for the luggage drop-off.

Do I drive to the terminal, let my wife out with the luggage, and then park or do I park first and then bring the luggage back with us? And is there a shuttle from the parking lot to the ship? Thanks.

Drive right to the drop off, drop luggage, wife, go park.

Very easy to do.

It's a very short walk. First trip we had a car service from our hotel, but the second trip we rode with friends. She dropped us of and went to park. She was back in less than 10 minutes. She parked right across the entrance road to the terminal. One thing she did was park as far back as she could to avoid any chance of paint overspray from the dock on the other side where they repair/paint ships. It's not as common as it used to be, but it apparently still happens sometimes.

Shuttle? I don't think there is one there.

It's a very short walk. First trip we had a car service from our hotel, but the second trip we rode with friends. She dropped us of and went to park. She was back in less than 10 minutes. She parked right across the entrance road to the terminal. One thing she did was park as far back as she could to avoid any chance of paint overspray from the dock on the other side where they repair/paint ships. It's not as common as it used to be, but it apparently still happens sometimes.

Shuttle? I don't think there is one there.

You may have arrived earlier before they started to use the shuttle when the parking spaces are further away from the terminal.

Very easy parking set-up, works well for what they have to work with there.

Jimbo:)

It's like parking at a big mall. Sometimes you get a spaces steps from the terminal and sometimes your space is further out. Take a look at Google Earth for Port Terminal Blvd Bayonne and you will see how it is set up and where the cars are parked in relation to the terminal (white tent area).

Although it can get a little nuts, I think the system at Cape Liberty is one of the better ones. The porters keep things moving as best they can. The best way is to listen to them, they will direct you to a stall where you drop off your luggage and any passengers. Then go to park and take the short walk or shuttle back for the security and cruise line check in. Take the short bus ride to your ship and you are on vacation. The reverse is done when they throw you, screaming, from the ship at the and of your cruise.

Another great system is at Cruise Maryland (Baltimore) where you drive through a line of baggage carts and the porters unload your checked baggage for you, you then drive past the side of the terminal building, drop off your passengers and queue up for parking in either the cash or credit card lane. It is a very short walk to the terminal and the rest of the boarding process.

Archived