Family with 2 cabins

hoff624

My brother-in-law and his wife booked two cabins for their family of 4. Balcony and inside cabins across the hall. The 2 sons are 12 and 14 years old. Since you need to book 1 adult per cabin, will NCL give them an extra key. Thanks

My brother-in-law and his wife booked two cabins for their family of 4. Balcony and inside cabins across the hall. The 2 sons are 12 and 14 years old. Since you need to book 1 adult per cabin, will NCL give them an extra key. Thanks

Yep...we've done this before. Mine were 13 and 15 the first time. We had keys for both rooms.

No problem getting an extra key. It will be just that -- one without any spending privileges. We bring along a Sharpie or something to mark on the extra cards so we know which one is which. Got confusing last year as we had extra keys for two additional rooms besides ours. Then none of the kids wanted to hold their cards so my husband had them all in his pockets.

Been there, done that, the only ones who knew were us and the room stewards. Getting extra keys once on board was easy - just go to the hotel desk - I would wait until you are underway as that desk can be quite busy during embarkation.

We have done this on two cruises -- one with RCI and one with NCL. No one cared who slept where. We just had to BOOK the cruise with one adult in each room. This method was suggested by both the cruise lines and the TA. CB at sea is correct -- there's absolutely no need to keep it a secret.

Archived