Ladies I need your help

I would imagine a leave-in conditioner may keep your hair straighter than you like! What's wrong with a rinse out conditioner, then some volumizing mousse prior to styling?

My hair tends to droop and go straight in humidity, so I want my hair as dry as possible to "hold" curl....I barely use any conditioner in the summer...it keeps my hair too moist. I use just enough to de-tangle after washing.

Keeping curl or waves in your straight hair in the middle of the ocean is a difficult task. (Or, conversely, keeping curly hair from frizzing!!!)

I am not sure. Is there a conditioner you like to use in the shower? I have put some of my everyday conditioner in a spray bottle and diluted it with water. It works pretty good. That is a option. bu a mouse of a gel with some voluminous would be good. Also have you tried dry shampoo? Treseme has some on the market now. It is aerosol but you can spray at the roots for extra volume. I have some in my house and use it to give volume. I also use it in between blow outs to make the style last longer

Without going into a long story. Last year I went to a hair salon. The guy sprayed my hair with a leave in conditioner with the volume. My hair felt fantastic. The kind where you can't keep you own hands off of it. It felt so full and thick. Needless to say I can't get in touch with him or the salon. And the whole thing got started because I was going on a cruise and wanted to get my hair cut. I was told with the sea air etc. to use such a product. I was hoping someone could shed some light.

Without going into a long story. Last year I went to a hair salon. The guy sprayed my hair with a leave in conditioner with the volume. My hair felt fantastic. The kind where you can't keep you own hands off of it. It felt so full and thick. Needless to say I can't get in touch with him or the salon. And the whole thing got started because I was going on a cruise and wanted to get my hair cut. I was told with the sea air etc. to use such a product. I was hoping someone could shed some light.

If you remember what the bottle looked like (even color would help & what kind of dispenser it was in) there is a good chance we could figure it out. :D

Been thinking about this tonight, Nexxus has a volumizing leave in their Headress line (which is discontinued I think but still stocked in many stores) and Redken has their Pump Treat in their Body Full line. I would say its most likely the redken, but it could be the nexxus or even another less mainstream line.

Redken does offer a money back guarantee if you buy through an authorized dealer though if you wanted to give it a shot. They are the only two mainstream lines I could think of that has had a volumizing leave-in that I have seen.

<<<hairdresser here

I would strongly recommend the product called "its a ten"

its a miracle leave in product that has so many good qualities to it and is a great leave in conditioner/detangler/heat protecter/styler

http://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Product-4-Ounces/dp/B000TKH6G2

also just to let you know if you leave regular conditioner in your hair you are actually doing more damage because non-leavin conditioner can leave a build up and actually dry out your hair:o

I have ultra fine straight hair and absolutely love Paul Mitchell flexible style sculpting foam, which is a conditioning foam. I've been using it for many years. I usually buy it at a Walmart salon when it's on sale, buy one get one half price. Regular price is $18.95. One 16.9 oz canister lasts me about a year.

<<<hairdresser here

its a miracle leave in product that has so many good qualities to it and is a great leave in conditioner/detangler/heat protecter/styler

also just to let you know if you leave regular conditioner in your hair you are actually doing more damage because non-leavin conditioner can leave a build up and actually dry out your hair:o

Lisa,

I was interested in the leave in conditioner spray because it left my hair feeling so thick, like I had double the hair I do. Can you recommend anything like that???

Lisa,

I was interested in the leave in conditioner spray because it left my hair feeling so thick, like I had double the hair I do. Can you recommend anything like that???

If you want something that will actually make your hair look (and feel thicker) you can look into Nioxen which is made for thinning hair and has been popular for a looong time in the salon community (and with me) and Redken recently came out with their version which they call "intra force." I was amazingly lucky to get a sample set of it back when it came out. I am only 24, but I lost a lot of my hair over the years from stress and I don't have much of it now. (What I do have is fine, naturally oily and very very straight.) I am so so in love with this redken line (and I am not usually a redken fan!) Its a three step line, shampoo then conditioner, then "treatment" which comes in a mouse or spray (I have the spray.) I have used a lot of products with the hopes of getting long lasting volume - my hair always falls flat by 1pm. This line has given me so much lasting volume and body without me ever putting actual product on. (The treatment just goes on the scalp.) They claim that this actually grows hair, and while I don't know if it really has my hair seems thicker even when I don't use the system. It is a pricey system though.

But really, there are a lot of products out there that will make your hair thicker - they add a thin coating to all your hair which makes it appear and feel that way many which are in your local salon & mass market/grocery store. I've used "fat hair" & marc anthony's version at other people's houses - both made a difference but didn't work great with my hair type (since mine is oily.) Ideally I would recommend the Nioxen (they have a massive line of products and came out with a men's line because they have such a large customer base & the men demanded it) because it works well and leave your hair conditioned and soft. It is also boasts the claim that it will cause more hair growth (and I've met people who say it has and I've seen it work on a friend of mine with Alopecia) but it never worked for me. If you are looking for something more bargain priced check out your local stores, they all work - it just comes down to finding out what works with your hair.

<<<hairdresser here

I am a fan of "it's a 10" products. The leave in conditioner is fabulous.

<<<hairdresser here

This stuff is great.

Archived