Stock and Military OBC?

Pythian

Hey, I tried to get both the Stockholder OBC and Military OBC on my last Princess cruise in May, but was told I could only have one. My DH and I have more than 100 shares (multiple) and both of us are military veterans (I’m retired, and she gave 4 years). On one of the cruise boards (we have 2 in the hopper) I was told we can now get both OBC’s. Since my next is 9 days and the follow-on is 15, that’s a lot of OBC (both on Princess). Anyone here able to give me a definitive “we’ve done that and got both”? Honestly, one OBC for either is great, but if both of us cold claim our own, that would be twice as nice – right? Thanks!!!!

The stockholder OBC is per cabin, not per-person so they are correct in that you get only one per booking.

Not sure if the military OBC is per-person or per cabin, but whichever it is, it's combinable with the stockholder OBC.

Thanks. I have not been on the boards for a few weeks... so I should have checked first. Sorry, but really appreciate the info. I went through my TA on the last cruise and only got one (stock) - so I'll try direct with Princess this time. Thanks! Really!

We have b2b cruises coming up in September and we got both shareholders and military discounts on both cruises. We booked the cruises through our TA but dealt directly with Princess for the discounts - no problem.

We have b2b cruises coming up in September and we got both shareholders and military discounts on both cruises. We booked the cruises through our TA but dealt directly with Princess for the discounts - no problem.
That's highly unusual. The Carnival Corporation page is very clear that the stockholder's OBC is per cabin per cruise. I'd be very surprised if they made an exception and gave both passengers in the cabin the stockholders' OBC.

Hi folks here is the link to military form (and I just used it and quite a quick response from Princess)

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/military_program.jsp

Some of the issues recently discussed

1.Combinable with other onboard credit offers

2. Only good for first or second berth occupied by the military person (both have to be qualified, dependent spouse does not qualify)

You have to supply supporting documentation

Veterans with honorable discharge DD214

Retired copy of blue id card front and back

Active military verification certificate

The folks as I mentionded did a quick turn on my approval, says to allow 7 days heard back in 3

Regards

Pete

Hi folks here is the link to military form (and I just used it and quite a quick response from Princess)

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/military_program.jsp

Some of the issues recently discussed

1.Combinable with other onboard credit offers

2. Only good for first or second berth occupied by the military person (both have to be qualified, dependent spouse does not qualify)

You have to supply supporting documentation

Veterans with honorable discharge DD214

Retired copy of blue id card front and back

Active military verification certificate

The folks as I mentionded did a quick turn on my approval, says to allow 7 days heard back in 3

Regards

Pete

It took a week for me to get my military OBC and I even mailed the application rather than fax it since I was not going to be near a convenient fax machine for a few days.

That's highly unusual. The Carnival Corporation page is very clear that the stockholder's OBC is per cabin per cruise. I'd be very surprised if they made an exception and gave both passengers in the cabin the stockholders' OBC.

The poster did not say they both received the stockholder's OBC. Poster said they received both the CCL and military OBC.

It took a week for me to get my military OBC and I even mailed the application rather than fax it since I was not going to be near a convenient fax machine for a few days.

Doug :cool:

It does say allow 7 days but I emailed it in, with the required forms as attachments on 8/4 at 1215 pm had a response by 8/9 1:40 oh okay 1340 pm perhaps just a timing issue

but it is still great of them to do this

Pete

I am a gray area retired reservist. My military ID clearly says that I'm retired but it is slightly different than the blue ID that the form requests. Are there any other gray area retirees out there who can tell me whether my ID will be accepted as proof of service? Should I just send in my DD214 instead? I have had a name change since leaving active duty so I'd really prefer to send in a copy of my ID card (which has my correct name) rather than my DD214. Thanks!

I am a gray area retired reservist. My military ID clearly says that I'm retired but it is slightly different than the blue ID that the form requests. Are there any other gray area retirees out there who can tell me whether my ID will be accepted as proof of service? Should I just send in my DD214 instead? I have had a name change since leaving active duty so I'd really prefer to send in a copy of my ID card (which has my correct name) rather than my DD214. Thanks!

If you don't get a better answer, send it early. If it is rejected, you will then still have time to send the dd214

I would recommend two things, one send in the id card, if you scan it in black and white they cant tell, bur more importantly it has retired on the card correct send in front and back and no reason it should not be accepted I think they want to see that it has retired on the card somewhere mine is just above my service logo

If that does not work or if you want to call first, my response came back from Princess Cruises Booking support 1-800 princess or even email them at militarybenefit@princesscruises.com

I would find it hard to believe it would not be accepted

Regards

Pete

Archived