Savings on RCCL?

dlsteve67

My wife and I (and twin toddlers) have been looking at a Carribean cruise in January. Grand parents are planning to get an adjoining cabin and come with us.

Never cruised before and hoping to find a deal/seat sale on RCCL. We researched the various cruise lines and Disney and RCCL came out on top. However RCCL is expensive (my 1st choice). Does anyone have a suggestion on finding deals for RCCL?

My wife and I (and twin toddlers) have been looking at a Carribean cruise in January. Grand parents are planning to get an adjoining cabin and come with us.

Never cruised before and hoping to find a deal/seat sale on RCCL. We researched the various cruise lines and Disney and RCCL came out on top. However RCCL is expensive (my 1st choice). Does anyone have a suggestion on finding deals for RCCL?

RC does have sales. You have to watch for them. If you want January, look at the second 2 weeks. Once you hit Feb, March and April, the school vacations begin. Early May is good but will see the prices jack up late May. Some cruises discount about 6 weeks out also, trying to seel the cabins left.

my sister and her husband like rccl and scour the internet or just go through their site for a good deal. have you checked into carnival. they have great deals and are a great cruiseline also. i hope you find a great ship too be on.

Only Disney and two classes of RCCL ships (Freedom class and Oasis class) will have "splash zones" for toddlers in diapers - Carnival has nothing. Disney tends to be more expensive, but both have good kids' programs. Disney will take kids in diapers into their "free" programs while RCCL starts at age 3 and fully potty trained.

There is a list of RCCL specials that comes out each Tuesday:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Of course, these are limited in availability and come out relatively close to sailing, but it's something. They are for initial bookings only (i.e., if you book today and find a Tuesday special for a lot less closer to sailing, you can't take advantage of it).

They have sales that come out, are you signed up for their offers?

Also, you may want to consider the Oasis or Allure as they off the most for the toddler age range as far as being able to swim and such...

Disney is the best for this age but you will pay dearly for it, but have to say, with young kids it really is the way to go...

With RCI you will almost always do better by shopping around among several large on-line travel agencies (we are not allowed to post specific names). Although RCI does not allow TAs to discount, some agencies give substantial perks on both RCI and its sister company...Celebrity. We just booked a Celebrity cruise and got a $200 on board credit from a TA which is not available by booking directly with the cruise line. You should sign-up with several TAs and RCI and you will get e-mails when they have major sales.

Hank

Only Disney and two classes of RCCL ships (Freedom class and Oasis class) will have "splash zones" for toddlers in diapers - Carnival has nothing. Disney tends to be more expensive, but both have good kids' programs. Disney will take kids in diapers into their "free" programs while RCCL starts at age 3 and fully potty trained.

There is a list of RCCL specials that comes out each Tuesday:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Of course, these are limited in availability and come out relatively close to sailing, but it's something. They are for initial bookings only (i.e., if you book today and find a Tuesday special for a lot less closer to sailing, you can't take advantage of it).

Adding on

Carnival accepts diaper-clad kids at two in their programs.

Another good time to travel is right around Thanksgiving to right before Xmas.

Archived