lido deck

saltywillie

Personally, Lido deck is too high up and L243 is too far forward for my liking. Being that high and that far forward you're more likely to feel exaggerated movement of the ship.

L243 is a BA category cabin. For the same cost or less (BB), you could book a cabin on Caribe deck located mid-ship or aft.

You should be aware when booking a balcony cabin that those located on Caribe deck have the largest balconies of any regular cabin on the ship at about 9'x9'; L243's balcony is about 9'x5'. The interior of the cabin will be the same as other regular (non-suite) cabins. The balconies on Carib deck are half covered so you can be out in the sun or in the shade as you desire.

Our preference is a cabin from about mid-ship toward the aft end for the smoothest ride.

Lew

We had L257 on the CB one year. LOVED it. We had to get an inside for the first time in a long time, but being on the Lido deck made up for it. We were far enough from any noise traffic, but not all the way up front.

probably depends where you are going. We had Lido 307 r.t. seattle Inside Passage Alaska...was wonderful! Other than the first and last legs of the cruise, inside passage is like sailing in a bathtub....but last full sea day/night ship was rockin' just a little so much...wow it was great! If you are not doing many sea days in rough waters, this is a great stateroom location.

I had an inside cabin on the Lido deck in June, which was farther forwrd tham the one you have, and it was great. A little motion was felt, but not bad, but then I enjoy some rockin' n rollin'. The convenience of that location is wonderful. In fact I liked it up there so much that I have another forward Lido cabin booked for November.

We always book cabins on the Lido Deck on the Grand Class ships. To us, it's the most convenient location to the pool and food areas. We have never had a problem with motion issues, but I would guess you do feel it a bit more on that part of the ship rather than other areas.

Mike

In my opinion, the best deck. Pools are on that deck. Horizon Court buffet is on that deck. Go forward in the passageway and through the door at the end, you will be on top of the Bridge. Best view for in and out of port and photos.

Just an FYI... the OP was talking about the Grand Princess... the bridge wings are not accessible from Lido deck on the Grand and her sisters. You have to go outside to Sun deck and then forward...

Archived