Hair braiding at Nassau

tcw92

hello!

has anyone had their hair braided at Nassau before? there were a handful of women wanting to braid hair when we enetered into the city. I am not for sure how much it was but was wondering if this was something one could haggle with the price on? My daughter and i were wanting to get it done but i have never haggled a price on anything before and have heard you can haggle prices in this city. My sister did it last year at one of the tables selling woven purses.

I get the adventure of having this done and the memory and bonding with your daughter, but do you really want the comb in your hair that has been in someone elses day after day?

true! thanks, i never even thought of that. Guess we will skip it. LOL

They will haggle with you. Just make sure you know how many braids you want {just a few or one section or whole head etc} and agree on the price before you start. Avoid the per braid fee if getting the whole head done because they will do smaller braids than you ever thought possible to get more cash.

And take your own comb!

^^^^ I completely agree with this! I had a tablemate that got had by this. She did the pre braid price and paid close to 100.00 by the time the lady got done. :eek: Be careful! Do take your own comb as mentioned.

I plan on taking my DD to a local hair salon here at home and have it done. We are leaving from Pt. Canaveral and a shop on the home ports board recommend a salon there. So we may have it done there before we get on the ship.

where else is the Destiny taking you? If the Half Moon and GT trip do it on one of those two islands. GT did a great job on the beach for my daughter last November...if you do it in Nassau bring your own comb for sure!

where else is the Destiny taking you? If the Half Moon and GT trip do it on one of those two islands. GT did a great job on the beach for my daughter last November...

I agree with having it done in GT. There is a woman who has a stand right inside the plaza where the tender docks - she did an incredible job on dd's hair (we only allow her to get 2-4 braids) and entwined colored string in the braids - something we had never seen done before. She also had regular and flower beads - really cool. Very reasonable - I think it was $2-3 per braid. ($40 for 1/2 head, $60 for full head)

Archived