Does anyone know what this means???

ckrobyn

Maybe it means "Gift". Don't diamond plus members get some sort of gift?

Yes we do. Typically we choose the gift online and it is delivered to the cabin sometime during the cruise. I don't think the "G" means gift....

It cant mean any of the things we all have mentioned because, lets face it, once we check in with the Rep at "Check In", the Set Sail Pass goes in your pocket or carry on, so the info must be useful to them...BUT WHAT IS IT....:confused: I am not sure of the Dining Room names on Freedon, but could it mean one of the dining rooms so they can make sure its the same as on your Sea Pass when it prints? I dont know.... now Im really cusious too.... LOL..!!

I have the official answer from Royal Caribbean.... see below....

Thank you for contacting us Mister Germy....

The "G" on your set sail pass indicates that you will be allowed to use the gangway for boarding and disembarking the ship. If you are traveling with friends or family that do not have a "G" on their set sail pass, that indicates that they will need to make a small, running leap, when boarding or leaving the ship, as we now reserve the use of the gangway for our priority guests.

You will also notice that some boarding documents will have a "TT". That would stand for "Towel Thief" and the guests use of Royal Caribbean's towel's will be closely monitored throughout the voyage.

We're glad that you're a loyal member of the Royal Caribbean family and we look forward to seeing you on board very soon.

Warm Regards,

Nancy

Customer Service Representative

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

There you have it.... :)

-germ

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already, but could it be luggage tag location? If you look to the end of your set sail pass, there is a pic of the ship, with a letter for where your luggage is to go. Apparently the porters use this to issue luggage tags at the port.

Mine has an "A" here .... but no corresponding "A" on my set sail pass at the top.

Here's a thought ..... did you book a "guarantee" reservation?

Robyn are you by chance cruising with someone in your cabin that is a Gold Member?

I just checked our SetSail Pass for our 9/27 cruise and it only says DP and then JS.

Hi Patti :)

My cabin mate is my best friend and she is also Diamond Plus. Her set sail pass looks exactly like mine......the mystery continues.....:D

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already, but could it be luggage tag location? If you look to the end of your set sail pass, there is a pic of the ship, with a letter for where your luggage is to go. Apparently the porters use this to issue luggage tags at the port.

Mine has an "A" here .... but no corresponding "A" on my set sail pass at the top.

Here's a thought ..... did you book a "guarantee" reservation?

We must have posted at the same time:D

I have the official answer from Royal Caribbean.... see below....

Thank you for contacting us Mister Germy....

The "G" on your set sail pass indicates that you will be allowed to use the gangway for boarding and disembarking the ship. If you are traveling with friends or family that do not have a "G" on their set sail pass, that indicates that they will need to make a small, running leap, when boarding or leaving the ship, as we now reserve the use of the gangway for our priority guests.

You will also notice that some boarding documents will have a "TT". That would stand for "Towel Thief" and the guests use of Royal Caribbean's towel's will be closely monitored throughout the voyage.

We're glad that you're a loyal member of the Royal Caribbean family and we look forward to seeing you on board very soon.

Warm Regards,

Nancy

Customer Service Representative

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

There you have it.... :)

-germ

How positively hysterical!!!!!! Thank you for the afternoon chuckle here in my office! :p

I printed my SetSail pass and I have an "E" in a green box above my deck 9 symbol. I believe my E is for Excellent, so your G must be for great.

(I'm an Emerald C&A member - I worry that someone has your C&A ranking confused)

Archived