Tamarind dinner recommendations?

debsjc

Although we've been on the Eurodam twice, we didn't fit in dinner in the Tamarind, just lunch. This time I've already booked up dinner, and would love to know everyones recommendations of what they enjoyed?

My previous experience of Asian food is limited to Chinese. I don't like anything too hot and spicy, but i'm fine with flavour.

Although we've been on the Eurodam twice, we didn't fit in dinner in the Tamarind, just lunch. This time I've already booked up dinner, and would love to know everyones recommendations of what they enjoyed?

My previous experience of Asian food is limited to Chinese. I don't like anything too hot and spicy, but i'm fine with flavour.

The beef tenderloin (which I had twice last cruise!) is amazing! I found they cook the meat a little more than I normally like, so I switched my medium order to medium rare the second time, and it was to die for!! :D

We had three dinners on the Tamarind and two in the Pinnacle Grille on our 7-day 2010 Eurodam cruise. My wife and I each had the wasabi encrusted filet mignon every night (encrusted with Panko crumbs).

Nothing was hot or spicy even though we like those type of foods.

Listen to your waitress and their recommendations (we always had a she).

I am not a big spicey fan and dh is. Happy to tell you that they can tone it down if you like. Dinner was fabulous - enough to repeat :D:D

Everything everyone in the group had was wonderful. It's a great experience and I highly recommend:)

I'm sorry, what is the Tamarind? I have booked the Pinnacle Grill for our last night at sea returning from Bermuda on the Veendam, but didn't see anything called Tamarind.
That is because the Tamarind is limited to the Signature Class ships. There isn't one on the Veendam.

We loved the Jewels of the Sea soup, Thai Beef Salad, Sea Bass and Tempura Banana with Caramel Sauce. It was a wonderful meal. Have a great trip!

Leslie

Thanks for all the recommendations. :)

Is the crust on the wasabi encrusted filet mignon quite hot (like chilli hot)?

The Tempura banana with caramel sauce sounds lovely. Did I read they also have tempura ice cream, what is that like?

LOVED the wasabi encrusted surloin. The wasabi wasn't overly hot, like SmokinActuary said, more like a horseradish, and the beef was so tender you could cut it with a spoon!

Also tried the duck, delish also!

For dessert, both times, I have the Tamarind Chocolate. It's an infused chocolate mousse (with chilies I think). My mouth is watering right now! My sister loved the giant almond fortune cookie.

Enjoy!

Deb

Your server will provide good guidance. They can alter or eliminate the "spicy" as you request for most dishes. I loved everthing there and glad I ate in the Tamarind several times. I even thoroughly enjoyed my sea bass. Someone called it bland; I thought the flavors were delicate but great. To each his own....

Archived