Talk About Extreme price Increases

Ours jumped alot too! We just booked 2 weeks ago for a cruise Sept 10th. We started looking 3 weeks ago and inside cabins were 449. They jumped to 519 a few days later, so I placed a room on courtesy hold, which I am VERY glad I did because the very next day it jumped to 619! We booked at the 519 price and then a few days later it shot up again to 759, then up to 799. Now the inside rooms are sold out!

Must be a popular cruise!!

Disney cruise does the same thing and not just for holidays! The exact intinerary and same ship with them is DOUBLE the price in the summer, not just holidays :eek:. It all depends on supply and demand and what consumers are willing to pay.

My upcoming 6 night Navigator cruise was $479 when released in late April - 2 days later after some debating I booked @ $499... within the next 7-10 days it jumped up to $1049 at the highest for an E1 which then must have sold out since it hasn't been on the site in weeks with the exception of the 1 random room popping up now and then.

Currently inside Q's are a few hundred than my aft balcony :)

Perhaps these are all good examples of reasons for booking early. Only if a ship is not selling well, are you likely to see any late minute bargain rates. Supply and demand still rule. For popular holiday season cruises, the odds are definitely in favor of early booking plus, by doing so you get the best choice of staterooms.:)

Yep, sadly -- this is an example of how waiting for those last-minute price drops can really backfire on you! :eek:

We always try to book a cabin that we can live with, in an acceptable price range. Then we regularly check for price drops. If it turns out that we can save some $$, or swing an upgrade for the same price, that's great. If not -- well, that's OK too! :cool:

Archived