S-class solarium pool: is it heated?

Seenie

During our mid June cruise on the Solstice, the water temperature seemed fine. Not too hot, not too cold.

Below is one of my pictures from this area that I rate as one of the best on this ship from our first Celebrity cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 30,598 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas on the Solstice. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this sparkling ship facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

It wasn't heated like the T-pools on the M-Class ships.

On Solstice it was about 72-75 degrees. One day after they changed the water, it was George Costanza Shrinkage chilly. :eek:

It shouldn't be as warm as the t-pool either ... that's really too warm for exercising. But 72-75, brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! That's ccccccold in my book! To me, a comfy pool is above 80. I tell you, I hate cold water! ;)

PS I checked google images for a '37 Ford starter button. ROFL ... hilarious!

It wasn't heated like the T-pools on the M-Class ships.

On Solstice it was about 72-75 degrees. One day after they changed the water, it was George Costanza Shrinkage chilly. :eek:

I have just seen it on youtube - great fun !!!

It is heated; and, it is a fine venue for pool walking and pool exercises. Also, if it is not too crowded it is fine for laps.

I wonder if it's heated by a heater or by the sun. On a June day in the hotter climates, I can see that the water could be warm without a heater seeing that the area is enclosed, but on TAs or cruises late in a season when the air temps are in the 60s F, I wonder how warm the water is then.

I'm not liking what I'm hearing! Water was cool on the Transatlantic, got warmer the last few days. Eighty degrees when the ship was in the Caribbean ... of course, even the outdoor pools were probably that temperature in the Caribbean.

I'm getting that shrinking feeling ... :eek:

The hot tubs in the Solarium area were warmer, but still not as hot as I would like.

We have cruised about 25 times on four different lines since February of 1999; and, I have never experienced a hot tub with the recommended temperature of 104 F. The explanation given in every instance was that too many passengers complained if it was too hot.

We have cruised about 25 times on four different lines since February of 1999; and, I have never experienced a hot tub with the recommended temperature of 104 F. The explanation given in every instance was that too many passengers complained if it was too hot.

Hot tubs above certain temps are not good for passengers with heart conditions and high blood pressure

phoenix_dream - I'm with you. Miss the Tpool terribly and found the solarium pool to cool to use even in the Caribbean.

My first S-class cruise isn't until November, but I think I'm missing the T-pool already. :( I have arthritis, and warm water exercise helps a lot.

Archived