ES rate & price drops. Whoop Whoop!

plm01

Hi guys, I am sailing on the Triumph this Saturday and have been stalking this website obsessively for the last few months. I learned everything about ES price drops thru here and just wanted to say THANKS! In the last 6 days I have seen 3 price drops for a total of $160 in OBC (hopefully). I've already had one approved for $40, and am waitng on the other 2 approvals. This our 3rd cruise thru Carnival and when I think about how much I could have potentially saved last cruise...oh well!! I am just glad I learned about it this time!!!

Hi guys, I am sailing on the Triumph this Saturday and have been stalking this website obsessively for the last few months. I learned everything about ES price drops thru here and just wanted to say THANKS! In the last 6 days I have seen 3 price drops for a total of $160 in OBC (hopefully). I've already had one approved for $40, and am waitng on the other 2 approvals. This our 3rd cruise thru Carnival and when I think about how much I could have potentially saved last cruise...oh well!! I am just glad I learned about it this time!!!

Congrats!

I am SO jealous!

Both that you are cruising Saturday........AND........your cruise price dropped so much!!!!

Wish ours was!!! Ours just keeps steadily going UP!!! ugh!

You reminded me to look at the price of my cruise, and I think I found a lower rate. The ES rate is $5 more than I paid, but the addition for the stateroom upgrade is less, so the total price is less. Does this qualify? And, where do I find the form that needs to be filled out? Thank you!

Thank you again. That was very quick and easy. I already received an email confirming the receipt of my request. It is not a lot of money, but my first time booking ES and an opportunity to try the guarantee. And every $20 OBC helps that bottom line :D

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on the OBC!!! Great job!

I've found that the folks here have a better understanding of Early Saver than some TAs do!

:)

Yes definitely! I booked thru a PVP and she didn't tell me anything about price drops. It was almost like a game to me checking the rates everyday. My husband made fun of me for being so excited about the first $40, but then when it kept going down he was thrilled I have become an obsessive cruise researcher!!!

We booked ES for our cruise can someone tell me which price you check it says cruise only is that the price with or without gov;t taxes?

Thank you

Gina

Just like the name implies, it is cruise only, so no taxes or port charges or fees.

These next 5 and 1/2 months are going to be torture!!

I check compulsively at work and when I get home to see if anything has changed.

How did you guys all get through the days? Or do I just have a bad case of OCD?!

I cruise in 34 days and I have been checking the rates 3-4 times a day! So far I have found only 1 price drop... $20 OBC but hey, its better than nothing. I will continue to check the prices DAILY as long as there are cabins available on our ship.

These next 5 and 1/2 months are going to be torture!!

I check compulsively at work and when I get home to see if anything has changed.

How did you guys all get through the days? Or do I just have a bad case of OCD?!

I was the same way! I had a schedule going on towards the end that had me checking about 5 times a day. But it paid off b/c last time I checked I had a $60 price drop and about 2 hours later everything was sold out. I'm so glad I didn't miss that. Now I just have to survive the next 36 hours and then I will be on my way to the ship!!:D

My Magic cruise doesn't have ES rate, but has two past guest rates. I don't know why because it's not until January.

If the past guest rate is cheaper than the current ES rate you're booked under, then you're eligible for the lower rate. It's weird, on my current booking the past guest sale rate is 30 dollars lower and the past guest rate is 60 dollars lower, both for a 4K. I'm waiting for the confirmation of the 60 OBC. You just have to make sure that you're comparing an apple to an apple. If you're booked at a 4D and the 4B rates are cheaper, it will not matter because it is a downgrade.

Archived