Summit

louva

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know for sure when the Summit goes in for refurbishing? Everything I have read makes it sound like the Summit is nice but old and in disrepair. This is our first cruise and I don't want to go on a ship that has ripped curtains and yuckie old bathrooms. I read maybe going to the shipyard in January. Is this soooo????:eek:

I was on the Summit at the end of June. I too read that stuff and when on the ship did not see any evidence of disrepair. Our room was perfect and so was our bathroom. I was actually looking for some "oldness" because I had read about it here and really couldn't say that I found any. We were on deck 9 in a cc room. It was our first cruise and we loved it all.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know for sure when the Summit goes in for refurbishing? Everything I have read makes it sound like the Summit is nice but old and in disrepair. This is our first cruise and I don't want to go on a ship that has ripped curtains and yuckie old bathrooms. I read maybe going to the shipyard in January. Is this soooo????:eek:

January, heres a link..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2011-02-17&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Nonsense! The Summit was in great shape when we sailed in April. Lovely ship and crew.

I sailed her in February over Superbowl Sunday and had a fantastic

time:D and I am going back on her again over Labor Day:D...sailing one

week from Sunday:)...can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Is she old? Maybe a little but she is no where near on some of the comments on these boards that she is a rust bucket.:rolleyes: The ship is clean everywhere. Some minor wear and tear that really shouldn't bother someone's cruise experience. I had a cracked tile in the shower...some rust on the edges of the balcony.....no big deal. You'll have a great time.:)

Oh thanks everyone. After reading the boards I was getting a little worried. But after reading all your posts and reading dkjretired link I feel so much better. Were not going till March and from the link looks like it will look like new.

OK !!! I am so excited again :D

Been on her 4 times in since 12/2008 - loved every time.

Great ship and crew - is she a little old, yes.

Is the carpet a little worn in places, yes.

But guess, what? I'm on a cruise and life is great!

Archived