Sun - 10-night Caribbean cruise ????

LadyBerard

I have been reading tons of reviews on this........some very positive, some not so great, but that is how it always is. I plan on going on this cruise next Feb. to celebrate our 25th anniv., and my neighbors will be celebrating theirs, although it was really this past month. But, it is usually more enjoyable traveling wtih close friends who enjoy the same acitvities, etc.

Anyway....back on the subject. I do have one question. I have read that there is no Caribbean-type steel band on these particular cruises. So, those who have sailed on her this past season, please tell me, what type of music is being played up on the pool deck? We are in our 40s, and although our local "oldies" radio station is now playing music which I love (lol), it still isn't big-band music era stuff, if you know what I mean. It is 60's, 70's, and 80's stuff!

I recently had the opportunity to sail on Radisson Mariner, which I did enjoy, as I had never felt so spoiled, but their sail away parties consisted of the house band coming up by the pool deck and playing Frank Sinatra-type stuff. Relaxing..............but I miss the Caribbean type band. I had a wonderful band when I sailed on Celebrity Century in Feb. 2004. They were fabulous. Played a great mix of everything. I sure wish I had remembered their name. Oh well.

Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sue

Great!!! That's what I wanted to hear. I can deal with a balcony room being smaller that most. Hell, I usually don't even book a balcony, but it is for our 25th anniversary, and the price is fabulous!!!!!!! Under $1500 for 10 nights in a balcony with $100 p.p. on board credit. What a deal! And the itinerary is different than most. A few islands I haven't been to. I'm sure it'll be wonderful!!

Sailed on the Sun this past November for ten days. They had a steel drum band playing at different times of the day, at sailaway, and during the Island party. In our opinion Sun Princess is a wonderful ship. It is large enough to be comfortable, but not so large one feels as if they are just "lost in the crowd".

Archived