Mr. Tablecloth

Krazy Kruizers

We love those "no iron" tablecloths! They sell a number of tablecloths (cotton, no iron, etc.) so be sure to ask for the no iron variety if that's what you want. They also have some really pretty no iron aprons -- make great gifts!

Have your table measurements with you so you can pick exactly what you want.

We bought several tablecloths in St Thomas. I don't know if all came from Mr. Tablecloth, but some of them did. The cotton ones do need to be ironed, and it's a real chore, but they look good when they're ironed. The no-iron ones are polyester and have a slick, "cheezy" feel. They're like TV dinners: convenient but nothing like the real thing!

• 9 years later...

I bought many tableclothes and other types of linens at Mr. Tablecloth in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands on two of my five visits to the Caribbean. I spent over $450 on one visit for many fine, high quality linens for myself and for wedding and Christmas gifts. They are all over 10 years old now and still in excellent condition in all the households. You pay a good price for them - very reasonable, yet not so cheap that you question their quality.

This was the only linen store that sold tableclothes for large tables seating 12 or more people. One tablecloth labeled for "tables that seat 12" was still very long, hanging two feet down from the table, allowing for a larger gathering if desired. They also sold napkins, aprons (nice gifts for kids and teens), doilies, arm rest covers, and curtains. There was a store by the same name on the Caribbean islands Martinique, which I also visited. Same quality, but I prefer the St. Thomas' store for its vast inventory (well stocked, efficiently stacked for a small store). I also preferred the helpfulness.

The fabric determines whether it needs ironing. 100% cotton still needs ironing.

I plan another trip to the Caribbean, and this store is on my list. I hope they continue in business.

Edited by Mrs_Navy_Sr_Chief
Spelling error and to add clarification.

I love my non iron tablecloths from Mr Tablecloth. I have used them on our table that was big enough to hold 14 persons. They are also nice enough to use for holidays. As others have said, you do need to ask for the non iron selection as they have so many beautiful ones in their store. I put mine in the dryer until just dried then fools it immediately. After trying one and seeing how well they work I bought two the next trip. It's all I use now when we eat in the dinning room!

I love my non iron tablecloths from Mr Tablecloth. I have used them on our table that was big enough to hold 14 persons. They are also nice enough to use for holidays. As others have said, you do need to ask for the non iron selection as they have so many beautiful ones in their store. I put mine in the dryer until just dried then fools it immediately. After trying one and seeing how well they work I bought two the next trip. It's all I use now when we eat in the dinning room!

Wow

Where is he located please

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Mr. Tablecloth! They have so many unique things and their prices are really good. I have several items from them, including the no iron napkins. I have tossed them in the washer/dryer with no problems. If I recall, Mr. Tablecloth is right on the main street in St. Thomas... you can' t miss it :)

Have fun shopping there!!!!

Melissa

I love Mr. Tablecloth! They have so many unique things and their prices are really good. I have several items from them, including the no iron napkins. I have tossed them in the washer/dryer with no problems. If I recall, Mr. Tablecloth is right on the main street in St. Thomas... you can' t miss it :)

Have fun shopping there!!!!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa

Much appreciated

Next time I'm there I'll go

Cheers

Greg

I've also shopped at Mr. Tablecloth and have bought beautiful tablecloths for my own use and for my DD. I like the store in St. Maarten better than the one in St. Thomas because it is much bigger and has a larger inventory. It is also on the main drag in St. Maarten.

I've also shopped at Mr. Tablecloth and have bought beautiful tablecloths for my own use and for my DD. I like the store in St. Maarten better than the one in St. Thomas because it is much bigger and has a larger inventory. It is also on the main drag in St. Maarten.

And ataarten

Are there other stores around also

Cheers greg

The ones that don't need to b ironed are not cotton. The all cotton ones DO need to be ironed, but look WAY nicer on the table (after you've ironed it, of course) and the all cotton napkins don't slide off your lap.

Wow....

This thread was started nine years ago but seeing today's posters have commented they still shop in Mr. Tablecloth, it seems the information is still valid.

Interesting how the thread was found and brought forward. :)

• 5 weeks later...

The shop in St Thomas is the original Mr.Tablecloth. The shop in St Maarten is a knock off on the St Thomas name and is has no association to the St Thomas site. The St Maarten site has inferior products.

Will be shopping at the St Thomas site in March 2015.

I know this is off the subject but on our first cruise about 25 years ago I bought a crocheted dress there. It was called a Tablecloth dress and it was one size fits all, front and back were identical. It is one of the nicest dresses I've ever bought. I throw it in the washing machine and hang dry it. It was one size fits all. I still wear it once in a while and still get compliments on it. I wish they sold more clothing there.

I know this is off the subject but on our first cruise about 25 years ago I bought a crocheted dress there. It was called a Tablecloth dress and it was one size fits all, front and back were identical. It is one of the nicest dresses I've ever bought. I throw it in the washing machine and hang dry it. It was one size fits all. I still wear it once in a while and still get compliments on it. I wish they sold more clothing there.

I remember seeing those dresses many years ago.

Sorry I didn't buy one.

I bought many tableclothes and other types of linens at Mr. Tablecloth in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands on two of my five visits to the Caribbean. I spent over $450 on one visit for many fine, high quality linens for myself and for wedding and Christmas gifts. They are all over 10 years old now and still in excellent condition in all the households. You pay a good price for them - very reasonable, yet not so cheap that you question their quality.

This was the only linen store that sold tableclothes for large tables seating 12 or more people. One tablecloth labeled for "tables that seat 12" was still very long, hanging two feet down from the table, allowing for a larger gathering if desired. They also sold napkins, aprons (nice gifts for kids and teens), doilies, arm rest covers, and curtains. There was a store by the same name on the Caribbean islands Martinique, which I also visited. Same quality, but I prefer the St. Thomas' store for its vast inventory (well stocked, efficiently stacked for a small store). I also preferred the helpfulness.

The fabric determines whether it needs ironing. 100% cotton still needs ironing.

I plan another trip to the Caribbean, and this store is on my list. I hope they continue in business.

OK. Couple questions (and never dreamed I'd even be considering going to a shop called "Mr Tablecloth" in the Caribbean,lol.) Did you haul all of that loot back to the ship with you, or will they ship it home for you? I'm not picturing a lot of extra room in my luggage for a big tablecloth...or some of the other fun things I've seen listed in this thread.

I realize this is a very old thread, but just had to chime in. I purchased a beautiful jacket at Mr. Tablecloth in St. Thomas a number of years ago (possibly 10 or 12), which I still take on cruises with me. It is still so pretty and I always feel so good in it!

http://shop.mrtablecloth-vi.com/product.sc?productId=348&categoryId=49

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)