New referral promotion!

Copy of an email I got...seems the full court marketing press is on...

I was able to take advantage of this as I had just invited my cousin to join us and she booked!

Details from email:

Our Bring a Friend Promotion has received such great feedback, we've decided to keep it around. Now, when you bring a friend onboard a Royal Caribbean International® cruise, you will enjoy $25 onboard credit for every stateroom

your friends reserve.*

Here's how it works:

• Your friend or family member must be a first-time Royal Caribbean guest.

• They must cruise on the same ship and sail date as you, the member.

• You may refer up to five staterooms ($125 credit!) on any sailing that departs on or after August 1, 2011.

• Your friend(s) must book on or after August 1, 2011.

Enter your friend referrals at your personalized Crown & Anchor Society member page to get your credit - it's that easy. We hope to show your friends the Royal Advantage® on our innovative ships in the very near future!

Yep, got it to. It's a continuation of the "Bring a Friend" promo that's been running all summer (have two cabins signed up for my Dec. trip;)). They are very slow posting the OBC to your cruise account (haven't seen mine yet):D

Call RCI to see if it's been posted then have them send you an updated invoice.

I called RCCL yesterday because it said my friend referral was denied. When I spoke to someone at the Crown and Anchor society she asked if I booked through a travel agency. I said yes, and she said it was considered a group booking and I could not get the $25. Too bad they don't list this in their rules.

We are among those that do not receive RCI emails although we've called, signed up, begged and pleaded. The last time I checked our $25 onboard credits for 2 staterooms had not been credited to our account. However, if I hadn't stumbled on to the "Diamonds in December" thread, I wouldn't have even known anything about it. Sharing info from RCi is really appreciated by those of us who aren't in the loop. Thank you!

We are among those that do not receive RCI emails although we've called, signed up, begged and pleaded. The last time I checked our $25 onboard credits for 2 staterooms had not been credited to our account. However, if I hadn't stumbled on to the "Diamonds in December" thread, I wouldn't have even known anything about it. Sharing info from RCi is really appreciated by those of us who aren't in the loop. Thank you!

I'm glad it was helpful to someone! I know that sometimes I hear about promotions and sales here before I see it in email myself! But I was starting to feel like an idiot for " discovering" a promotion that's been around for months!:o

I'm glad it was helpful to someone! I know that sometimes I hear about promotions and sales here before I see it in email myself! But I was starting to feel like an idiot for " discovering" a promotion that's been around for months!:o

We just had a friend book Tuesday night. At that time the website said the promotion ended July 31, 2011. I called Tuesday morning to see if it had been extended. C&A rep said at this time they had no plans to extend the promotion. I guess they changed their thoughts! Thanks for the info!! +$25 OBC to go with the $100 for the WOW sale booking!!!:D

I called RCCL yesterday because it said my friend referral was denied. When I spoke to someone at the Crown and Anchor society she asked if I booked through a travel agency. I said yes, and she said it was considered a group booking and I could not get the $25. Too bad they don't list this in their rules.

I booked with a travel agent and I got the $25 credit.

I booked with a travel agent and I got the $25 credit.

I also had my bring a friend bookings denied because of the travel agent. If the travel agents books your room under a group, which most do in order to give you additional OBC and perks, then it's not eligible for the Bring A Friend.

I've read in another thread that people are also getting denied if they use the Balcony, Next Cruise or savings certificate. I have a couple referrals pending but i'm assuming based on this that they'll be denied. Come on Royal... it's only $25!

I used the balcony discount (C&A) and received the $25.00 credit for bringing a friend in April. No problems.

I currently have 2 friends submitted for Serenade cruise in December. I don't anticipate any problem receiving the credit for them either.

Why would you run a promotion directed at C&A members that would basically negate your discount in favor of a $25.00 credit? That just doesn't pass the "stupid test" in my eyes. :eek:

These are the terms of bring a friend from Royal Caribbeans website

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after Aug. 1, 2011 and sail on or after Aug. 2, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after Aug. 1, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and,within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus. The onboard credit will be applied to Member’s booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing.the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Am I the only one who thinks the $25.00 is just not enough? If Royal expects me to be a marketing tool for them and try and get friends and family to book, who will spend at least a thousand or more (supposedly) to book the cruise, and will spend hundreds on board (supposedlly) and could end up beign a partron for life .... well, I think a better thank you is in order.

Sure, .....$25.00 is better than nothing .... but like someone said above "they'll try not to spend it al lin one place" and it looks like most of yiou are not even getting paid.

If Royal wants me to talk them up and get my friends to book, I want a better incentive.

My nephew is planning a cruise wedding, and if I am able to get credit for some of the guests' staterooms, I'd like to give the credit to my nephew and his new wife. Has anyone ever done this - or know if it's allowed to transfer onboard credit to another cruiser?

Done! :D

I didn't get it- the underscore isn't really visible, did you put that in? And please something with RCCL in the subject so I know not to delete it.

susiev _ 18 @ hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

Archived