anyone hane next year's refurb schedule?

MamaParrotHead

Thanks, Mach. Would I maybe be able to find the weeks they're possibly planning if I'd go through the itineraries to see if there were any blocks of time missing? I'd HOPE that they'd take refurbs into account before releasing bookings, right? I.E.- they wouldn't bump anyone's sailing to schedule a refurb?

cruisedeckplans, if you go to ship facts on each ship, have recent dry docks, and if you add 3 years to the last one, you can probably figure out yourself when the next one will be approx.

They usually have the most recent ones scheduled listed too.

Went over there Fire and all I could see was deckplans and links. Maybe my brain isn't working today, can you help a girl out? lol And I kind of went through the sailings that are available for booking on carnival.com and I don't see any chunks of time that were obvious. how long does a refurb normally take? I was thinking it was like 2-3 weeks?

Thanks, Mach. Would I maybe be able to find the weeks they're possibly planning if I'd go through the itineraries to see if there were any blocks of time missing? I'd HOPE that they'd take refurbs into account before releasing bookings, right? I.E.- they wouldn't bump anyone's sailing to schedule a refurb?

It's not uncommon for Carnival to cancel sailings to send a ship to dry dock. There's a lot of considerations that need be weighed when setting a date for the ship to be out of service. When can the necessary components be made ready? When can the crew be available to do the jobs that require skilled labor? Is the dry dock available? How strong are the bookings?

So, there's a fair possibility that a few cruises that are currently available to book will be canceled when they decide with to bring the ship in...

:)

How is that handled then, Mach, when people are bumped? Does Carnival pay any airline change fees if airfare is purchased or anything? How far in advance do they normally lock those in?

They schedule them as soon as they can given all of the factors. If you book your air with Carnival they take care of the necessary changes but not air you book on your own. Carnival is never responsible for events booked outside of their control...

They schedule them as soon as they can given all of the factors. If you book your air with Carnival they take care of the necessary changes but not air you book on your own. Carnival is never responsible for events booked outside of their control...

So I wonder if travel insurance would cover the costs associated with cancelled flights booked by the passenger? You can tell I haven't ever poured over those zillion page travel insurance docs. :o

Maintenance Schedule

Drydock: 11/29/09 to 12/13/09

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Renovations completed 12/13/09

A Serenity Adults Only Retreat Area was added to the forward sections of Sun Deck 12 and Sky Deck 14. This will be the first "Adults Only" area for the Conquest-Class ships.

The Drawing Room on Atlantic Deck 4 midship was replaced with a dedicated Circle "C" Young Teens Club (12-14).

18 Family staterooms (cat 6J) on Spa Deck 11 were converted to Balcony staterooms (cat 8F).

The Forward Dining Room was set-up for "Your Time Dining" (open seating). .

So I wonder if travel insurance would cover the costs associated with cancelled flights booked by the passenger? You can tell I haven't ever poured over those zillion page travel insurance docs. :o

I've flown to a number of ports and the policies I looked at covered the flight however I can't remember purchasing a policy that far out and I've never had a voyage canceled...

:confused:

I think it would be rare to cancel cruises within say a 6 month range, so if you dont purchase airfare out really far, it would be rare to be affected.

I have not heard of people on here affected so close in that they had booked airfare.

It has happened... it happened with the Destiny when she suffered from propulsion issues last fall, I believe.

In that case Carnival, of course, took care of the air for the folks that booked flights with Carnival and paid the fees associated with required changes for those who booked air on their own. They weren't required to do that but it was a good move on their part...

Yes, I was talking routine drydock. But interestingly enough, my PVP says that if I were to book flights (on my onw) and we were bumped, and could provide proof (just like a forwarded itinerary or something from the airline) that Carnival would reimburse change fees up to a certain amount per person. ???

Archived