Glory Leaving at 3pm Saturday !!!!

warb

Given the projected path of Hurricane Irene, Carnival Glory will now depart New York at approximately 3 pm on Saturday, August, 27, two hours ahead of schedule, in advance of the storm. Guests can arrive at the pier as early as 10 a.m. to begin embarkation. Saturday’s departure is a five-day eastern Canada cruise to Halifax and Saint John. ..

i feel bad for the guest debark the ship today..It will be hard for them to prepare their homes for tonight and tomorrow strom

Good point, since all the airports and many roads in NJ are closed. If I needed to catch a flight I would try to just stay on the ship.

Good point, since all the airports and many roads in NJ are closed. If I needed to catch a flight I would try to just stay on the ship.

Stay on the ship for the following weeks cruise?

Sine its gonna leave early the people will be getting off earlier

If Carnival did like the other cruiselines, they brought the ship in a few hours early so that those flying home could try to get on a flight before the airport closes. A friend on Caribbean Princess managed to catch a 10:35 flight from Newark and is already home in Canada. Her original flight was late this afternoon - after the airports close.

If Carnival did like the other cruiselines, they brought the ship in a few hours early so that those flying home could try to get on a flight before the airport closes. A friend on Caribbean Princess managed to catch a 10:35 flight from Newark and is already home in Canada. Her original flight was late this afternoon - after the airports close.

Unless the FAA just made an announcement only incoming flights have been stopped. They are still allowing outgoing flights.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/26/7487384-ny-area-airports-stop-incoming-flights-as-irene-nears?chromedomain=fieldnotes

The three airports remain open for departing flights for the time being. The decision to ground all flights in the area -- arriving and departing -- will be made by the Federal Aviation Administration on Saturday afternoon, said Steve Coleman, spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Unless the FAA just made an announcement only incoming flights have been stopped. They are still allowing outgoing flights.

The FAA is still allowing outgoing flights but most of the airlines cancelled their departures after 12pm.

Archived