Leeds to Southampton - A124A

Benjamin1981

Hi,

A friend of mine is joining us on the cruise and needs to get from Leeds to Southampton.

Any advice please? I see from some posts there are coaches from airports? Are these running and where do I find out about them??

Thanks,

Ben

There's the official Eavesway coach service. Contact P&O for info. It leaves Leeds about 6am and does a few pick ups along the way, the buses arrive in Southampton at about 2pm.

There are flights from Leeds to Southampton, National Express buses or rail.

I went by train from Leeds to Southampton in early July, train left Leeds about 5:00 (am), got to London Kings Cross about 7:30, then tube to Waterloo to catch 8:30 train to Southampton Central. Got there about 9:45. A lot quicker than the coaches, but I would recommend going the day before and staying overnight. Plus the coaches might be sold out, so its worth checking first.

As your cruise is a repostioning transatlantic cruise, P&O operate a FREE coach service from your airport. I assume you would be flying back into Manchester airport so you would pick up the coach from there. To book the coach contact your travel agent. Note that this service is operated by P&O direct and is separate from the Eavesway cruiselink service.

Alternative you could take the Eavesway coach from Leeds departing at 0630hrs at a cost of £54 one way.

Brian

Is there a train from Leeds which goes to the hub at Birmingham or Wolverhampton? That would save dragging luggage across London, as you can go from these hubs to Southampton.

Or go Trans-Pennine to Manchester-same change at the hubs.

Jo.

Is there a train from Leeds which goes to the hub at Birmingham or Wolverhampton? That would save dragging luggage across London, as you can go from these hubs to Southampton.

Or go Trans-Pennine to Manchester-same change at the hubs.

Jo.

There is a train to Birmingham and Manchester direct from Leeds, and its damn cheap if you pick the right time. Have a look on thetrainline.com. If you can get the free coach, that is a good deal.

Archived