Just want to be sure.

cperk97

We are going on the Jewel next week and I just want to make sure I have this info right.

Towels for the beach, (if we end up stopping) you are supplied towels and if not returned you will be charged a fee, correct?

and

We are in a balcony room, are there robes in the room to use?

Thanks so much for all your help, it is really appreciated.

Jo Anne

Yes-towels supplied and you are charged if not returned.(they are in your room upon check in)

Not sure about latest status of robes in balcony..someone else will come along..to let you know

We are going on the Jewel next week and I just want to make sure I have this info right.

Towels for the beach, (if we end up stopping) you are supplied towels and if not returned you will be charged a fee, correct?

and

Jo Anne

We were on the Jewel at the beginning of August.

Yes, you can bring ship towels to GSC; however, I brought 2 old beach towels from home. They took up almost no room in the suitcase, I didn't care if they got lost; and they helped us find our chairs among all the blue & white stripe towels.

Yes again. We were in balcony room 10132 and there were 2 light cotton robes in the closet.

Have a wonderful cruise!

and

Jo Anne

Jo Anne, Yes and yes, if you do not get your robes just ask your cabin steward. He/she will get them for you.

Nita

We saw several of the NCL towels left on the beach during our last cruise. I have also heard of people bringing an old bed sheet to put on the sand to give a larger surface to put the towels on. I can't see doing this because I would not want sand in my luggage but that's just me.

There were robes in our balcony room on the Gem last time. Worked for me but too small for DH. He's not a robe kind of guy anyway so no loss there.

Enjoy!!

We saw several of the NCL towels left on the beach during our last cruise. I have also heard of people bringing an old bed sheet to put on the sand to give a larger surface to put the towels on. I can't see doing this because I would not want sand in my luggage but that's just me.

I believe the idea behind an "old sheet" was that you would just leave it there at the end of the day or cruise. No need to bring it back.

As for the robes - are they "one size fits most" or can you request a larger or smaller robe?

As for the robes - are they "one size fits most" or can you request a larger or smaller robe?

Being a big size I will say they are adequate IF you aren't going to be gauche and go to the pool in them. Fine to use to lie around the cabin in and dry off after a shower.

I do the "old bed sheet" idea and just bring a kitchen size garbage bag and take it home in that!. Sand doesn't really stick to a smooth sheet anyway, so it is not all "gross". It is so nice to have a large area to spread out towels and your misc. stuff without sand all over everything! Wouldn't do the beach without it! :)

Archived