HMC Cabanas

betta128

This will be my first Carnival Cruise and I am a little overwhelmed by everything. We will be going on the Miracle out of NY. I know I want an extended balcony, but which deck is best?

Also how do you reserve a cabana on HMC? I would love to have one of them.

Thanks

Liz

Yes, you can reserve/pay online and then have to pick the actual cabana at the excursion desk once you're on the ship. Usually the ones closest to the bar/dj/kids are are the first to go, the others get progressivly further down the beach but quieter as well.

Also how do you reserve a cabana on HMC? I would love to have one of them.

Thanks

Liz

I'm actually curious about this as well. I've been trying to book a cabana, because I heard there sell out really fast. Does anyone know the earliest you can book a cabana? I'm about 9 months out and as of today, I'm unable to book on-line. I'm assuming it's too far out, but I was curious if anyone knew how many days out, it will become available? Thanks!

The last time we went to HMC on the Liberty you couldn't reserve one online. So we had to go to the shore excursions desk ASAP when we got on board and it was open to pick one out. I think it was about $250 or so. We chose one a bit further down the beach and it was great. It wasn't too crowded but we were still pretty close to everything. We almost booked the exact same cruise again, just so we could get a cabana on HMC. :)

I'm actually curious about this as well. I've been trying to book a cabana, because I heard there sell out really fast. Does anyone know the earliest you can book a cabana? I'm about 9 months out and as of today, I'm unable to book on-line. I'm assuming it's too far out, but I was curious if anyone knew how many days out, it will become available? Thanks!

Never assume, you know the old addage...

I thought I had read on the Private Island message board (where this will eventually wind up) that a few people had reserved over a year out after they added the cabanas online.

Your cruise could very well be sold out already.

With only 15 (and that is if some did not get damaged last week) it only takes one large group to gobble up half of them in one fell swoop.

(one of the times I had one on the Fascination, the person in line at guest services in front of me, took #6-#12 for their group... I wound up with #13, which was fine. Prefer #8)

Bill

I just reserved one for our cruise next April 2012, and there are only 5 left for that cruise. We reserve them in HMC as well as Grand Turk each time we go and usually they are sold out online months ahead of sailing. If they are sold out, it will say, and they will be at the end of the excursion list. If you "mock" book one and hit the purchase button under the price, you will get to another screen that says "Hurry only X left" and then a screen to actually purchase one.

In both case, you are reserving "a cabana". You can see which one at guest services when you board, and make you request for which one you want. First come, first served for selection.

I'm seeing that some say you can book them on-line and some say you CAN'T book them on-line?

When I try to book them on-line, I click 'book' and it brings me back to reservation page (with my name, booking number ect....)

When I call carnival, they say they can't help me with excursions and then foward my call to tech support. I've tryed on several computers and no luck....I hope they're not sold out. Geeezzz, I thought I was ahead of the game by booking 9 months in advance...maybe not..:confused:

You can definitely book online. We were just there three weeks ago and we booked ours online about 8-9 months in advance. Not sure why you're having a problem, unless maybe they are sold out. But yes, you should definitely be able to book online. Good luck! Hope you get one.

We booked online for our July sailing as well. I think it was 5-6 months in advance. If it's sold out it has a "SOLD OUT" banner across the purchase button. I think it even told you how many were left when we booked.

We went to the excursion desk early. We ate lunch then went down. Only 1 other person had checked in. We had our pick and chose number 13. It was near the restrooms (far enough away to not have the foot traffic) and nice and quiet. We felt like we had our own private beach to accompany the cabana. I'd say we had maybe 10-15 other poeple swim in "our water" the entire day! The closer we got to the bar etc, the more crowded it was! If you can - pick a higher number!

I booked mine for our Feb 2012 cruise -

Isn't it true that you cannot book any excursion until the cruise is paid in full? Maybe that's the problem some people are encountering. We don't usually pay in full this far ahead, but this was an exception.

We sailed on the Liberty last May, we were able to book about 9 months ahead and we had number 11 for our cabana, it was wonderful, far enough away from the Bar which can get loud and close enough for lunch and the bathroom . There is a line if you wait till the end to get back on the tender, and they shut off the bathroom if you are one who waits to get on the tender. We LOVED it and plan to do it again...

I just tried to book a cabana for my cruise next August and I have not paid in full and it took me as far as telling me how many are left but I did not try to reserve one - so I do not think that is the problem, the OP would be able to see how many are available at least.

Archived