I have to say I haven't been watching as usual. Sounds like I am not

missing anything.:eek:

I am a sports fan and with MNF and the Baseball Playoffs? DWTS has

not been a priority for me right now;)

I have to say I haven't been watching as usual. Sounds like I am not

missing anything.:eek:

I am a sports fan and with MNF and the Baseball Playoffs? DWTS has

not been a priority for me right now;)

Lois , you have not missed to much , except some crazy voting, and Maxims little brother, but he is still on there doing some special numbers.

Cori

Lois , you have not missed to much , except some crazy voting, and Maxims little brother, but he is still on there doing some special numbers.

Cori

Hi Cori:), yes, from what I have been reading this season is the

funkiest yet:eek::rolleyes:...and when I say funky, in this case it is not meant

in a good way:p.

Monday, October 17, 2011:( Eighties Week) Hi, Folks. I have been slacking off because I am a politics junky and miss DWTS to watch debates. Also, I confess something about this season just isn't holding my attention. I just can't put my finger on it.

The show opens with an eighties "girl group." I've forgotten their name, but, golly, they still look great! They are the "Dance Like an Egyptian" gals. The pros do a really cute dance to the music. (OK...they are the Bangles.)

Oh, no! Oh, no! Brooke greets us in sapphire beads and sequins and BIG SHOULDERS and MALL HAIR! I hate that look, but the look is the eighties look, afterall. How I long to take Brooke's outfit and lose the shoulder pads. It would be very presentable that way. I wonder if Brooke's outfit isn't an actual gown that has been preserved from the eighties. It wouldn't surprise me.

Ugh, Brooke's entire outfit is just bad. Maybe it is an old Dynasty tv show outfit---kind of looks like something Alexis would wear. No, on a second look, her dress looks more like something Jane Jetson would wear. Now, Carrie Ann's dress looks wonderful. I love the whole look of a heavily beaded necklace being a part of the dress.

That dance Maks and Hope did wasn't much of a tango. Plus, does Maks own a shirt?

Hope Solo is beautiful and a star on the soccer field, but when she dances all I see is awkward, heavy footed, uncertain footwork and she simply does not strike me as having the right moves for a great dancer.

I wish I looked like her. I wish I had her hair. Bruno is falling all over himself with his uber-glowing review. Is he watching the same performance I just saw?

I WANT Carrie Anne Inaba's dress. It is not particularly eighties in character. It would be a lovely outfit on any cruise ship formal night.

Ugh, Brooke's entire outfit is just bad. Maybe it is an old Dynasty tv show outfit---kind of looks like something Alexis would wear. No, on a second look, her dress looks more like something Jane Jetson would wear. Now, Carrie Ann's dress looks wonderful. I love the whole look of a heavily beaded necklace being a part of the dress.

That dance Maks and Hope did wasn't much of a tango. Plus, does Maks own a shirt?

I so agree. I think Joan Collins wore that rig on "Dynasty". And, yes, the shoulder pads are so exaggerated that they could have been at home on Star Trek. I was in my thirties and early forties in the eighties. I never wore such exaggerated shoulder pads. Of course, I have never worn couture.

Hi...I watched tonite (some of it) I think J.R. is terrific:)

The band? They are THE BANGLES:D

And Brooke's dress? UH.........The first thing I thought of? Dynasty too!

Those shoulder pads? YUK!

I am here on the west coast so it isn't on here yet , but now I can't wait to see the dress that Brooke is waring , it sounds like a dosie. I will check out Carrie Anns dress as well.

Cori

Hi Cori:D

Are the judges afraid to tell Chaz that his dancing is bad, lest they sound like are against transgendered people? Come on. He should have been gone a couple of weeks ago. And BTW, did you all see his zipper was down? My sister about fell off the sofa.

Are the judges afraid to tell Chaz that his dancing is bad, lest they sound like are against transgendered people? Come on. He should have been gone a couple of weeks ago. And BTW, did you all see his zipper was down? My sister about fell off the sofa.

Goodness, I didn't notice the zipper! OMG!:eek:

Wasn't David Arquette's daughter cute in the audience. She seemed very proud of her dad.

BTW, I caught a glimpse of the back of Carrie Anne's dress and like it even better thanI already thought. The beaded decorative band that adorns the front neckline goes down her back as a single vertical band. It is just lovely.

Well, Brooke's dress with the uber-exagerated shoulder pads is (I hope) a nod to the 80's theme. A bad nod, the worst of the era; I hope it is not supposed to be fashion-forward now.

I LOVE Carrie Ann's dress--wish I could see more of it; I think it would be wonderful on a cruise formal night.

JR was great, I thought a couple of the others improved, Carson is so bad I can hardly watch him. I actually thought Chaz was better tonight, though that's not saying much. He is consistently overscored--are they scared of a reaction from his fans if they score honestly?

Scoring seems all over the place, once again, with reasons for scores ranging from the silly to the insulting.

Chaz was surprisingly better last night, he seemed much more relaxed and actually did some dance steps. I loved JR's samba, and I thought Rikki's foxtrot was good as long as they stayed in hold. That was definitely Carson's worse dance:D but he does make me laugh! I think he will go but I will miss him.

I loved the color and style of Brooke's dress, minus the shoulder pads but did not like her hair. I remember some of the dresses I had in the 80's and the shoulder pads were large:eek:. Probably was not a good look for me as I have wide shoulders to begin but at the time I thought I was stylin!

Sherri:)

LOL about Brookes dress.

Not to long ago I bought a dress almost identical to what she had on in a vintage consignment shoppe. The dress itself beautiful with plans to remove the shoulder pads. It could not be done without re doing the entire collar line. Too bad because it was a stunning dress!! So I understood right away why she was wearing what she was wearing and so glad that fashion trend has gone along the wayside....

Overall I had little appreciation for what all the dancer ladies were dressed in with the exception of Nancy. Has she lost weight? And oh yes, the back of Carrie Annes gown was dreamy!!

I am sure you all will disagree with me but my opinion is that of all the dancers left I think that Hope is the worst. I will even rate Chaz dancing last night above hers. She gives Max nothing. Clearly he is holding her up, no balance or posture effort on her part at all. Her leg width, foot action and grace is horrible. I find it painful to watch her.

I also am not a fan at all of the Nancy Grace show and at first did tarnish my opinion of her even in her dancing. But I think she did a good job with her rumba last night and thought the judging were way off the mark.... Not everybody is going to be a natural like Ricki seems to be.

I really wonder what the results will be tonight.... For some reason the amount of quality dancers is lower this season but yet I am enjoying this season more than ones in the past.... I cant put my finger on why. Only that each week I really look forward to watching where in prior years it would be no big deal for me to miss a show.

OK... it show time now!!

LOL about Brookes dress.

Not to long ago I bought a dress almost identical to what she had on in a vintage consignment shoppe. The dress itself beautiful with plans to remove the shoulder pads. It could not be done without re doing the entire collar line. Too bad because it was a stunning dress!! So I understood right away why she was wearing what she was wearing and so glad that fashion trend has gone along the wayside....

Overall I had little appreciation for what all the dancer ladies were dressed in with the exception of Nancy. Has she lost weight? And oh yes, the back of Carrie Annes gown was dreamy!!

I am sure you all will disagree with me but my opinion is that of all the dancers left I think that Hope is the worst. I will even rate Chaz dancing last night above hers. She gives Max nothing. Clearly he is holding her up, no balance or posture effort on her part at all. Her leg width, foot action and grace is horrible. I find it painful to watch her.

I also am not a fan at all of the Nancy Grace show and at first did tarnish my opinion of her even in her dancing. But I think she did a good job with her rumba last night and thought the judging were way off the mark.... Not everybody is going to be a natural like Ricki seems to be.

I really wonder what the results will be tonight.... For some reason the amount of quality dancers is lower this season but yet I am enjoying this season more than ones in the past.... I cant put my finger on why. Only that each week I really look forward to watching where in prior years it would be no big deal for me to miss a show.

OK... it show time now!!

Hi, hope you are doing well:)...showtime? Nope, there are new

sitcoms on before the "results show"......Tuesday it always comes

on later.

Hi from the west coast, well Carson went home and I can't say I was surprized, but I must say he always had a good time .

Brookes dress tonight was OK ,not great, but the blue thing the other night with the football pads in the shoulders, oh my goodness....and I lived through the 80s and even I think it was over the top.

I did not care for Rickys gown either , just too many ruffles , not flattering to her body type.

I am now ready to see Chaz and Nancy go home , but we will see what happens , who knows , with the crazy voting going on. And the judges catering to Chaz a bit I think, I could be wrong.

And I never knew that David was so ditsy, he is all over the place, kind of makes me nervous , just a bit. I think he is really trying hard.

I did kind of like Cheryls gown this week, was a good color for her.

I am looking forward to Broadway week , I love musicals , so it should be fun to see what they come up with.

Cori

LOL Lois, I was disappointed when I realized I was an hour off in showtime! And then I fell asleep before it was over!

Well it makes sense to me Carson went home but he sure was entertaining and I will miss him for that.

I do have a gown quite similiar to Ricki's, with lots of layered ruffles. I only wear that gown when I am at the perfect weight for it... It will either look awesome or horrible depending on my weight!! I did however like the color and design of the gown.

Not surprised that Carson went home. Although entertaining, his dance skills weren't great.

So, who does everyone see as the final three? There are three I think deserve to be in the finals, but I think the crazy voters will make sure that one or two undeserving will make it. Of course, JR is my number one, Ricki is second and David is third. But I think voters will make sure Chaz is there at the end, which is really not fair to others. David seems flakey, but I believe he's trying really hard and he has improved. And you've gotta love his daughter and her excitement and being so obviously proud of her daddy.

I liked Ricki's dress, but I can see how a few pounds would make it look not so good. I absolutely disliked Brooke's dress. I just don't care for that wet look, nude material, but her air was much nicer.

I will miss Carson as he seemed to enjoy himself and always made me laugh! Top 2 will definitely be JR & Rikki but the third spot could be David or Rob.

I liked Brooke's dress and would wear something like that if I were in my 20's!

People on another web site are suggesting ABC should find a job on DWTS for Carson such as replacing Brooke.:D

Sherri:)

Archived