Mercury...what do you think?

bwarren

My opinion is I'm on it too, so therefore it must be GREAT! I don't sail bad ships! icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy! We love the Mercury as long as we're on it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

I sailed on Mercury in 2000 for 14 days and she was beautiful then. I just booked a family cruise to Alaska and our TA said she is still beautiful. Easy ship to get to know your way around.

I've sailed twice on the Mercury and will sail on her again in December. The Mercury is my favorite cruise ship. The ship is in marvelous condition and the food and service is excellent.

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody 10-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;12;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Mercury 12-06-04

Monarch - Sometime soon

Viking Serenade 1998

Viking Serenade 1999

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Viking Serenade 2001

Majesty of the Seas 11-2002

Norwegian Sea 11-2002

Vision of the Seas 11-2002

Mercury 5-03-03

Monarch of the Seas 6-09-03

Mercury 10-12-03

Monarch 11-17-03

Monarch 1-19-04

Monarch 3-29-04

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

Sailed the Mercury last year. Really enjoyed it. One of our favorite things to do was sit near the top deck in the back of the ship. They have a bunch of tables with umbrellas that gets a lot of block from the wind due to one higher deck. You can go there around 5 or 6 and the Sushi bar opens up. We'd smuggle a bottle of wine on board, have a glass and eat sushi (had late seating for dinner) and watch the world go by as it was in the back of the ship. Usually, we had this area all to ourselves. Check it out!

Wayne

Disney Magic - 10 Day - December 18, 2004

Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas - Western Carribean April 10, 2004

Radisson Mariner - Alaska June 03

Celebrity Mercury - CA Coast April 03

Radisson PG - Tahiti August 02

Disney Wonder - Bahamas April 02

Carnival Holiday - Mexico April 00

Carnival Elation - Mexico August 99

NCL - Mexico April 95

Paquet Dolphin July 82

I am thinking about going on the Mercury for an 11-day cruise to Mexico out of San Diego in December.

Does anyone know the typical age of the passengers? How about their shore excursions? Since I hate being around smokers - will I enjoy this ship and cruise?

Tom

Sailed the Mercury to Alaska last June. I am trying to remember something negative about the adventure..... there was none! icon_biggrin.gif

About the smoking issue: I, too....have a real problem with that issue, and I never encountered any smoking issues on the Mercury.

Just another fine Celebrity product! Enjoy! icon_wink.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

We were on Mercury last month, RT San Francisco to Cabo, and thought it a very nice ship, with good food and very good service. Buffet (lido) seemed well laid out, and breakfasts there very good, with somewhat limited lunch selections, and a total absence of deli type luncheon meats.

There were lots of attendants up there willing to help those who needed assitance carrying their trays, etc.

I was very surprised at the lack of fresh flowers on board - hardly any! Too bad.

I didn't think much of the art for sale, but I am not an art auction type.

Production shows very good, but their sets not anywhere near caliber of Princess or Crystal.

Michael

Wife and I had a Sky Suite on Mercury the first year she was in service. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had a first class butler(Ralph) whom we wanted to take home with us. Unless a lot of bad things have happened since you should love the trip. All was good IMO.

Gene in Birmingham

Hi Michael..Hi Philicon_smile.gif

quote by Beth

"I've heard about the Martini bar and their martini sampler...anyone know any details?"

Ummmmm...yes..

They have 6 samples I believe...If you read part of my review...that was the night I mixed my martinis with my wine...and they didn't mix well icon_eek.gif

They serve them in cordial glasses...I can't remember all of them. One is the French though...one is a citrus....that is 2 out of 6..maybe someone else can recall the other 4 flavors. I believe it was 8.95 for the sampler!

I would definitely recommend it...and I would even do it again...I would just watch what I had for dinner that night icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

We have sailed on the Mercury two times. The first time was Alaska in 1996. We sailed her again this past February, and she is still a wonderful ship. We found that she is being well kept and the food and service were just terrific. I did notice that there were no fresh flowers in the public areas this time, oh well I guess they are cutting back. No accapella group either. These small things didn't detract from our cruise. They have added some things that make up for it, with champagne when you board, and sorbet by the pool and also cold towels when you return from the ports. All in all, fantastic ship and fantastic cruise line.

Vicki

ACJV

The more positive posts I read the more excited I get for November!!!!

We had such a wonderful trip on the Summit in Feb, I know the Mercury will be just as wonderful!

Thanks for all the great comments!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Just got off the beautiful "Mercury" 4/25. The service on the ship was outstanding. Food was prepared by a wonderful German chef and excellent. Too bad the French pastry chief prepared such yummy desserts. Oh, well sailing is not a time too think about diet! The ship is rather large but easy to find your way around. I would certainly cruise on the Mercury again.

The entertainment was really wonderful. I can't imagine not enjoying the Mercury.

Beth

As said earlier, don't forget sitting under one of the umbrellas at the rear of the ship sipping a cocktail and watching the ship's wake. Bliss, I'm there now......... icon_cool.gif

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived