From Adams blog...

Royal Caribbean Marketing Plan

Move older frequent cruisers to Celebrity (our sister cruise line).

Revamp C&A again - CLounge access limited to DD++ (350 points).

Diamond Lounge - serve less expensive liquors and limit appetizers during happy hour.

Raise prices (look at what Disney charges).

Go after new markets (Europe, Asia, SAmer, and Austrailia) as the value of the dollar sucks and new cruisers spend more on per passenger then the loyal Royal cruisers.

Did I forget anything?

Royal Caribbean Marketing Plan

Move older frequent cruisers to Celebrity (our sister cruise line).

Revamp C&A again - CLounge access limited to DD++ (350 points).

Diamond Lounge - serve less expensive liquors and limit appetizers during happy hour.

Raise prices (look at what Disney charges).

Go after new markets (Europe, Asia, SAmer, and Austrailia) as the value of the dollar sucks and new cruisers spend more on per passenger then the loyal Royal cruisers.

Did I forget anything?

Yes, remind them that the Euro could soon become extinct and Europe is not actually the place to be. The European economy is in deep trouble, even worse than here!

This doesn't make any sense. The kids have a unique area on the ships called Adventure Ocean (AO). Adults are not allowed in this unique Kids ONLY area. Why allow children especially during the evening hours when the Concierge Lounge is more crowded makes no sense. They should be enjoying the special kids dinner activities at AO. The Concierge Lounge has been advertised as an adult only area for how many years? Changing a policy to please a few rather than respecting the majority is wrong.

So much for looking forward to being Diamond Plus after my next cruise and regaining Concierge Lounge access. :-\

I think the Diamond Lounge will become alot more popular than the CL with the D+ers. Since the DL will still be a kid free zone and the CL turned into the romper room:eek:!

Probably just the outcome they are hoping will result from the policy change.

Yes sir, 23000 looks at 3 threads. About 800 or so posts by about the same 40 ,or 50 posters who always have something to complain about when RC makes any kind of change for anything, especially when it has to do with the CL, or something free.

Did it ever occur to anyone that possibly they made this change, because they, RC, think it may have little impact. Everyone here is always jumping to conclusions and looking at the worst.

Of course when there is something negative that someone expeiences, it will be ten times worse by the time it gets posted here.

Some people really need to grow up and get a life, there is more to it than just worrying and complaining about what RC is doing.

Yeah, and what is your point? That RCI can scr*w us at will? Fine, we can walk under our OWN terms. My policy is to change the terms and conditions at any time.

Mu point is because you said 'you felt safe'.

When it comes to loyalty perks-no one is safe as things change. No one scr*wed you as long as you enjoy your basic cruise.

Yes sir, 23000 looks at 3 threads. About 800 or so posts by about the same 40 ,or 50 posters who always have something to complain about when RC makes any kind of change for anything, especially when it has to do with the CL, or something free.

Did it ever occur to anyone that possibly they made this change, because they, RC, think it may have little impact. Everyone here is always jumping to conclusions and looking at the worst.

Of course when there is something negative that someone expeiences, it will be ten times worse by the time it gets posted here.

Some people really need to grow up and get a life, there is more to it than just worrying and complaining about what RC is doing.

And the same 5 or 6 posters who continue to tell them to be quiet and accept it.

I was just reading the comments on the blog and cannot believe that a mother would be upset if she cannot bring her 16 month old child into the CL lounge. Unbelievable!

I thought what she was saying was that she wanted to bring the child into the Diamond Lounge and would be upset if it was still an Adults Only area.

The truth is.......no matter how many of us voice our disappointment in the fact that AG has changed the rules for the CL........allowing children in during the coctail hour, as long as they are accompanied by an adult, he has a method behind his so called madness.

Could it be that there are so many voices against it, most of them from D+ members not sailing in suites.......that since he is so firm on allowing children in.......maybe the D+ members will wind up in the Diamond lounge, newly renamed D & D+ lounge.

I a round about way, it has nothing to do with children, and everything to do with the dollar! Or, how to pinch it!:cool:

Rick

I was just reading the comments on the blog and cannot believe that a mother would be upset if she cannot bring her 16 month old child into the CL lounge. Unbelievable!

I thought what she was saying was that she wanted to bring the child into the Diamond Lounge and would be upset if it was still an Adults Only area.

That is exactly what she was saying:

"The under 21 policy for the Diamond Lounge has me concerned about our upcoming cruise on the Allure. I have to think there is a demand for family members under 21. We will be sailing in Novemeber with our 16 month old and it is my understanding that he will be a Diamond member following the cruise. My husband and I are both Diamond memebers as well as my parents who will be sailing with us. It has been our intention to take him with us for a pre dinner drink. Now I am worried that we won’t be able to do this and will have to take turns going in for a drink 3 of us at time while someone keeps him outside. If this is a problem to have him with us in th DL, we will all be very upset. Since I am paying the full 3rd person rate for an infant that will eat next to nothing as well as will be staying in a 2 person cabin, I would expect him to have access to everything we do. Please advise."

The truth is.......no matter how many of us voice our disappointment in the fact that AG has changed the rules for the CL........allowing children in during the coctail hour, as long as they are accompanied by an adult, he has a method behind his so called madness.

Could it be that there are so many voices against it, most of them from D+ members not sailing in suites.......that since he is so firm on allowing children in.......maybe the D+ members will wind up in the Diamond lounge, newly renamed D & D+ lounge.

I a round about way, it has nothing to do with children, and everything to do with the dollar! Or, how to pinch it!:cool:

Rick

Or maybe it will just become the D+ lounge.

Who are you to tell anyone what to do? We are all paying customers and if we don't like something then we have a right to voice our opinion. On the other hand if this thread or any other does not interest you then feel free to skip it. :rolleyes: Got to love the cheerleaders.

Rick

And no one is better than AG at pinching that dollar. He has a lot of ships to pay for plus from what I understand, Royal guests are also paying for those new Celebrity ships because the company can't get the prices needed to pay for their own ships.

Who are you to tell anyone what to do? .

LOL

Since when has that stoped many here on this bb!!!

How do dress, where to smoke, what to eat, how to raise children, and sometimes-what to think and what your opinion should be!!!!:)

That is exactly what she was saying:

"The under 21 policy for the Diamond Lounge has me concerned about our upcoming cruise on the Allure. I have to think there is a demand for family members under 21. We will be sailing in Novemeber with our 16 month old and it is my understanding that he will be a Diamond member following the cruise. My husband and I are both Diamond memebers as well as my parents who will be sailing with us. It has been our intention to take him with us for a pre dinner drink. Now I am worried that we won’t be able to do this and will have to take turns going in for a drink 3 of us at time while someone keeps him outside. If this is a problem to have him with us in th DL, we will all be very upset. Since I am paying the full 3rd person rate for an infant that will eat next to nothing as well as will be staying in a 2 person cabin, I would expect him to have access to everything we do. Please advise."

But hasn't the DL always been kid free during cocktail hours, someone obviously didn't do their research before booking

I really like this line form the post to AG.....

"I would expect him to have access to everything we do."

In the real world, which includes cruise ships, traveling with a 16 month old sometimes limits you. Just wait until they find out the kid can't go into the pools or solarium with them either. Or has AG relented on that too?:rolleyes:

With the introduction of O & A, RCI is bringing more famlies into the fold or parents cruising with children that in the past might have left them at home. These expanded cruising families are booking suites and they want the perks and RCI wants the money.

Archived