Halloween while cruising?

giltedge

We will be on the Zaandam on Halloween this year. Has anyone been cruising during this holiday? If so what can we expect? Costumes, special party, food, etc? Just curious as we might want to bring something fun to wear on that occasion. Thanks:)

We will be on the Zaandam on Halloween this year. Has anyone been cruising during this holiday? If so what can we expect? Costumes, special party, food, etc? Just curious as we might want to bring something fun to wear on that occasion. Thanks:)

We were on a Transatlantic for Hallowe'en. We did a cabin crawl and many cc'ers wore masks. Some had black and orange balloons outside their doors.

There was a costume party that evening and HAL had a few decorations.

On our cruise on the Zaandam to Hawaii during Halloween, I wore a top with a sequined pumpkin and a (now) fascinator of squiggly bats! I was a hit in the dining room. I plan on bringing the same items on my upcoming cruise from Venice in October. Halloween will be while we are in Civitevecchia. I have also been onboard a Carnival ship with my girlfriends and we wore all sorts of Halloween garb. On Carnival, there were many costumes and it made for a very fun evening! Very creative people!

I apologize I posted the same question on another thread. I will be on the Westerdam. Was just wondering if we needed to bring costumes or decorations. Thought it would be fun to dress up but I just realized this Holland America. :(

"Originally Posted by giltedge viewpost.gif

We will be on the Zaandam on Halloween this year. Has anyone been cruising during this holiday? If so what can we expect? Costumes, special party, food, etc? Just curious as we might want to bring something fun to wear on that occasion. Thanks:)"

Hi giltedge.

We are on the same voyage and I was wondering about Halloween, too.

Check out our thread on the Roll Call board. Come to the Meet & Greet - They all sound like friendly folks.

Oct. 31 is our first formal night. I don't think I will pack a costume because I don't want to haul it around Australia for months. We'll see...maybe some of my dress up clothes will look strange enough.

-Smart 4-2

Our first HAL cruise was on Westerdam and was over Halloween. There was a fun Halloween party in the Crow's Nest. I was going to post some of my photos but realized that they have face shots of people in them and since I don't know these people I don't think that I should post them.

:) :)

Archived