Waterproof Camera recommendation

beach410

Hi, my everyday camera went missing, so I thought I would replace it with a waterproof/underwater one. I have noticed that many of these take good quality pictures on land as well. I tried doing a search but didnt find anything.

If you have one that fits this bill, can you please recommend it?

We bought this one and i love it. the pictures are so dang clear just came out a few months ago but i use it int he pool. very crisp and clear.

Also does video and uploads right to facebook or whatever. easy to use also. LOVE IT

Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera

I have been using Canon cameras for years.

I went for the D-10 earlier this year based upon reviews; price; experience.

My D-10 has become the "Oh, can I borrow your camera" camera for the rest of my family. It witness a proposal under a waterfall. It just came back from Iceland where it went underwater at the Blue Lagoon.

Simply a great camera.

I bought mine on Amazon. $299.

Good luck.:)

I have been using Canon cameras for years.

I went for the D-10 earlier this year based upon reviews; price; experience.

My D-10 has become the "Oh, can I borrow your camera" camera for the rest of my family. It witness a proposal under a waterfall. It just came back from Iceland where it went underwater at the Blue Lagoon.

Simply a great camera.

I bought mine on Amazon. $299.

Good luck.:)

My camera that went missing was a Canon Powershot, was happy with it, but knew I wanted to get a waterproof camera eventually, the went missing part is helping me move forward with that plan!

DH & I just bought the Sony DSC-TX10 and love it~!!

waterproof to 16 feet, 16.2 mega pixels 3.0" lcd screen, full HD movie~

takes great stills and the movie mode is fabulous~ having been trying it out in our pool taking video of our dog diving! Works great! Very clear pictures and video!

Canon Powershot D10 sounds awesome!! For those who have it, what kind of battery is it?

We had an Olympus 850, and just loved everything about it. However after a couple years, the screen went black, and then it stopped turning on. I discovered that this is a fairly common problem, and after paying shipping to send it away for repair, the problem seems to come back for many people, so I didn't have it repaired, and will be leery of purchasing another Olympus underwater.

My camera that went missing was a Canon Powershot, was happy with it, but knew I wanted to get a waterproof camera eventually, the went missing part is helping me move forward with that plan!

Did it go missing or did you hide it? :)

I wanted to get the Canon D10 last year since I've seen great underwater pictures in a few reviews where a Canon D10 was the camera used for the pictures. My DH said I had a camera and didn't need a new one. I may have to tell him my current one "went missing"....

I wanted to get the Canon D10 last year since I've seen great underwater pictures in a few reviews where a Canon D10 was the camera used for the pictures. My DH said I had a camera and didn't need a new one. I may have to tell him my current one "went missing"....

Maybe my subconsious made it "go missing". I wish that were the story, it disappeared after a party we had and I hate to think that someone we invited to our house would purposely take it, I didnt use it during the party and had it sitting by my computer as I thankfully recently downloaded my pictures. We looked everywhere for it, I was hoping that someone would report that they found it, that they accidently picked it up thinking it was their own. No such luck.

Maybe my subconsious made it "go missing". I wish that were the story, it disappeared after a party we had and I hate to think that someone we invited to our house would purposely take it, I didnt use it during the party and had it sitting by my computer as I thankfully recently downloaded my pictures. We looked everywhere for it, I was hoping that someone would report that they found it, that they accidently picked it up thinking it was their own. No such luck.

So sorry to hear how/when yours disappeared. We've had several parties here, most recent last weekend, and my camera has been out but no one bothered with it except our friends' kids, who ask if they can use it to take pictures (I let them) but it's always returned with pictures from a "different perspective" (nothing bad, just cute stuff) from the kids, which I email to their parents. Hopefully yours will turn up, after you get your waterproof, of course. I'd hate the thought of trusted friends taking things from our house.

We bought this one and i love it. the pictures are so dang clear just came out a few months ago but i use it int he pool. very crisp and clear.

Also does video and uploads right to facebook or whatever. easy to use also. LOVE IT

Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera

I am considering a Kodak PlaySport...price is right and it has gotten pretty good reviews. It will make a nice camera/video camera for days at the pool or beach, or while on a cruise...:)

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Pocket-Camera/dp/B0030MITDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315417003&sr=8-1

I've heard lots of good things about the SeaLife Mini II underwater camera and just recently got one for my birthday. It's waterproof to 130' and we're going to take it diving with us the weekend after next. For the price, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

If I get any good shots, I'll post them here.

Last year I replaced our outdated digital camera for our first cruise. We brought waterproof disposable cameras for the beach and excursions.

The pictures sucked.

By the time I got done paying for developing these lousy pics, I spent over $30.

This year we have even more beach and excursions planned. I sold some stuff on eBay and used the money to buy the second camera. I convinced DW that I was saving money in the long run. We have loaned the D-10 out to the kids, too.:D

Here is the latest review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest/

My experience is that you get what you payfor, just like non-waterpoof models.

Hi, my everyday camera went missing, so I thought I would replace it with a waterproof/underwater one. I have noticed that many of these take good quality pictures on land as well. I tried doing a search but didnt find anything.

If you have one that fits this bill, can you please recommend it?

Here is the latest review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest/

My experience is that you get what you payfor, just like non-waterpoof models.

I am looking for quality pictures for land and underwater, so I will definately invest a little more money. I am currently reading reviews on Amazon as well as on that website, its a bit overwhelming to say the least! LOL

We ended up going with the Sony DSC-TX10 as well. Great camera. Small & easy to use. We decided to get the green one just in case we ever dropped it in the water, might be easier to find. Attached is picture we took this year at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon. Nice to be able to stand right in the water & not have to stress about getting the camera wet.

ry%3D400

FWIW dpreview is the photographer geek site and they do an pretty good technical job and the summary page is usually very comparitively accurate.

I am looking for quality pictures for land and underwater, so I will definately invest a little more money. I am currently reading reviews on Amazon as well as on that website, its a bit overwhelming to say the least! LOL

Archived