Flying into FLL, but Sailing out of MIA

Dream143r

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing the Norwegian Pearl on January 8th 2012. We've discovered that flying into Fort Lauderdale is soooo much cheaper than Miami, but the cruise is sailing from Miami. I know the driving distance between the FLL airport and Miami port is only about a 40 minute drive.

Does anyone know of a shuttle service? Or the best, cheapest way to get between the two? Has anyone taxied it, how much?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing the Norwegian Pearl on January 8th 2012. We've discovered that flying into Fort Lauderdale is soooo much cheaper than Miami, but the cruise is sailing from Miami. I know the driving distance between the FLL airport and Miami port is only about a 40 minute drive.

Does anyone know of a shuttle service? Or the best, cheapest way to get between the two? Has anyone taxied it, how much?

Thanks,

SAS http://www.ridesas.com is the service we have used and I recommend. If you do a searc h on this thread by putting in SAS or shuttle to Port of Miami, you should get lots of feedback. Taxi is way too expensive!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

SAS transportation. $15.00 per person. ridesas.com is there web site. Steve is super. Hard to beat the price. Used him before and are using him again for our cruise on the Pearl in November. Not sure if flying into Fll is cheaper than Miami but I'd pay the same price to fly into FLL just for the ease of getting into and out of that airport. Like night and day.

SAS, QLS and others will shuttle you from FLL to POM and also back to FLL after your cruise for fare that is typically under $20 per person each way. The ride takes 35-45 minutes. ;)

The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early, just in case - you can stay near FLL and have the shuttle pick you up at your hotel, or shuttle to a downtown Miami (near POM) hotel and then taxi to the port the next morning for about $10-12. :cool:

Good luck! :)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

We are disembarking in the port of MIA, then we are riding a bus to FLL. It was $29.00 each one-way, and our TA arranged that for us. As another person indicated, there are several options that are far cheaper than a taxi.

I haven't used these guys, but the price is right.

https://www.eagleshuttleservice.com/index-ms01.php

Enjoy your cruise.

I have a questions when we disembark from the ship, will there be a SAS van there or should I make reservations before I leave?

You should make a reservation before you leave home. They do have various size vans/buses, but they need to prepare especially on embarkation and disembarkation day. You will have their phone number to call them when you are cleared customs and ready to be picked up. They wait in a nearby parking lot as they can't stand too long at each terminal.

SAS, QLS and others will shuttle you from FLL to POM and also back to FLL after your cruise for fare that is typically under $20 per person each way. The ride takes 35-45 minutes. ;)

The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early, just in case - you can stay near FLL and have the shuttle pick you up at your hotel, or shuttle to a downtown Miami (near POM) hotel and then taxi to the port the next morning for about $10-12. :cool:

Good luck! :)

John...what does QLS stand for? I know about SAS, but not QLS.

We think it is cheaper to use transfer via SAS from FLL hotel to POM.

When your cruise is over, you can rent a car at POM (the car rental company pick you up and take you to the MIA airport to pick up a car) and you can drop it off at FLL when you are ready to fly home.

For some reason, a car rental is cheaper $ 56 one way tax included vs $ 60 transfer from POM to FLL via SAS/

will these services pick us up from our hotel in Fort lauderdale and take us to port in Miami? Will they take us from port to a hotel after? We are flying in a day day early and leaving a day after the cruise.

Yes! :) From FLL area hotel to POM and from POM back to FLL area hotel.

Good luck!

We are flying into FLL on 11/25/11, and staying 2 nights at Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

I just got a quote from QLS for pick-up at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami for Carnival Valor cruise on the 27th, and pick-up at the port on 12/4/11 for the return trip to FLL airport.

Each segment is less than $20/ per person.

I'm happy.

Archived