Table size - traditional dining.

Chonga

Hi,

We sail on Eclipse on Monday and I'm sure we were asked about what table size we prefered when we booked the trip ages ago - but none of our paperwork now mentions it. I also notice that you are no longer asked when making new bookings.

Does anyone know how it works now - is it just a lucky dip of whether you are allocated a table for 2 or 12? I'm preparing myself for the dash down to queue at the restaurant to change it if we end up on one too big or small!!

Thanks,

Nic

We have never gotten the size table we asked for in the past but it has always worked out well. It's the first thing we check when we get to our room. The Maitre'D is usually set up somewhere close to the dining room and he takes you name if you want a change. You night not get it, if it is a table for 2 as they are very popular.

Hi,

We sail on Eclipse on Monday and I'm sure we were asked about what table size we prefered when we booked the trip ages ago - but none of our paperwork now mentions it. I also notice that you are no longer asked when making new bookings.

Does anyone know how it works now - is it just a lucky dip of whether you are allocated a table for 2 or 12? I'm preparing myself for the dash down to queue at the restaurant to change it if we end up on one too big or small!!

Thanks,

Nic

We are sailing in Nov & our TA still asked what table size we wanted. We have always requested a table for 8 & always received it. Check with the Maitre'd as soon as you board he always has a table in the corner somewhere on embarkation day just ask.

• 2 months later...

We are sailing as a family of five and would prefer to dine just with our family. Should I call and ask for this? Our reservations are linked, but I don't see any reference to the link on the dining option - we chose the 6 p.m. time. Thanks.

My TA has always requested a table for 8, even though we are a party of 4. We like to meet other. The first two times, we were always put at a table for 4 :(. This time, before I cruised, I called up the cruise line and asked what table size I was put at - they told me 4! I needed to call my TA and have her change it. I know that is what she requested originally as it is on my paperwork but somehow, it has always been changed. Call you TA and have her reconfirm the size with HAL.

Archived