Blu Breakfast?

willma

We have eaten in Blu when staying in a suite, but now we have booked Aqua Clas on our next cruise. I hear a lot about the amazing breakfasts, so can someone tell me what makes them different to the enormous selection of food available in the Oceanview Cafe or indeed the MDR? I am curious!

As a suite guest you could have had breakfast in Blu without an extra charge. In my humble opinion,breakfast in Blu is far better than anything you could experience in the Oceanview. All items are cooked to order. Juice is freshly squeezed. They make muslie tableside. The one flaw is the lack of waffles;however, the pecan pancakes and the Blu pancakes are wonderful. I usually have them combine a bit of both on my plate. They top it with berries and fresh whipped cream. The service is the high standard you expect to find in Blu. Must stop, I'm getting too hungry :)

The great feature is you can eat in Blu and after if you are not satisfied you can visit the buffet to get something that you feel you may have missed.

We asked for the muesli and the waiter gave us that rolled eye expression and suggested the parfait. We took his suggestion and found it to be great. Everyone else in the room seen it being delivered and also ordered one. It became the standard starter every morning. Never seen anyone having the muesli.

Okay - dumb question. What's muesli??? I googled it and wikipedia basically said it was raw oatmeal with some fruit added. Is that a regional thing? I've never heard of anyone eating that for breakfast. Maybe it's just me :confused:...

Originating in Switzerland it's a mix of cereals, dried fruit and nuts. You have it with milk or yogurt on top, and maybe some fresh fruit too. Not everybody's cup of tea I guess, but I like it!

Thanks, willma. Actually sounds kinda good, just not anything I have ever heard of before.

We're booked in a Royal Suite on Summit in January. I gather that if you're staying in a suite you can dine at Blu for breakfast at no charge. But what about our DD, who will be 2.5 at sailing? I know that suite guests 12 and over can dine at Blu for a $5 cover charge, but I don't know what the rule is on little ones at breakfast time. :confused:

What are the hours?

Blu breakfast hours vary a bit each day, you should check the Celebrity daily bulletin for posted hours. On my recent cruise, on port days they closed at 09:00, and on sea days they closed at 09:30. On disembarkation day, they closed at 08:00.

Archived