Blu Breakfast?

willma

Originating in Switzerland it's a mix of cereals, dried fruit and nuts. You have it with milk or yogurt on top, and maybe some fresh fruit too. Not everybody's cup of tea I guess, but I like it!

It was absolutely yummy on the Eclipse! I switched to that as my preferred breakfast because they wouldn't make fresh waffles.

What's "English back bacon," and who's tried the "steamed tofu?"

English back bacon is what those in the US would call "bacon" [streaky bacon to us] still attached to what those in the US would call "Canadian bacon". However, the difference is greater than that. We would not normally cook back bacon until it was crisp. [i have heard Americans complaining that our bacon was "raw"!] The back bacon, however, should still be fried or grilled. Too often on ships and even in hotels in the UK, bacon seems almost steamed and that is not really the way it should be cooked [as my husband continually complains!!!].

IMHO tofu is disgusting however it is cooked but there are those who love it! Each to his own.

Sue

Sailing AQ class on the Summit in February.

Is the Blu breakfast menu available via room service???? Please say yes.

No sadly not available via room service

Re the question on excursions, Blu is always open for 90 minutes for breakfast, but they vary the opening times depending on the port you are in, and it can be open as early as 0630. Service is very slick and you can take your excursion gear with you if you want and go straight from Blu if time was tight.

The parfait is just wonderful - both the Blu parfait and the Eclipse (Equinox/Solstice) As is the service, if you are a creature of habit and have the same juice each day as you sit down, the assistant waiter will arrive with it!

English back bacon is what those in the US would call "bacon" [streaky bacon to us] still attached to what those in the US would call "Canadian bacon". However, the difference is greater than that. We would not normally cook back bacon until it was crisp. [i have heard Americans complaining that our bacon was "raw"!] The back bacon, however, should still be fried or grilled. Too often on ships and even in hotels in the UK, bacon seems almost steamed and that is not really the way it should be cooked [as my husband continually complains!!!].

IMHO tofu is disgusting however it is cooked but there are those who love it! Each to his own.

Sue

So why do you call it "back" bacon? The item that Americans call bacon is from the pork belly, not the back.

"No, but you have an extensive breakfast room service menu to order from. It should be almost as good as having breakfast in blu." quote.gif

I respectfully disagree with SoBe2010.

While the room service breakfast menu is extensive, the product as delivered was not anywhere close to as good as Blu, at least on Equinox last December. Delivered food was cold while Blu's was fresh and hot...far better than room service.

"No, but you have an extensive breakfast room service menu to order from. It should be almost as good as having breakfast in blu." quote.gif

I respectfully disagree with SoBe2010.

While the room service breakfast menu is extensive, the product as delivered was not anywhere close to as good as Blu, at least on Equinox last December. Delivered food was cold while Blu's was fresh and hot...far better than room service.

On the other hand, you do get to sit on your balcony.

So why do you call it "back" bacon? The item that Americans call bacon is from the pork belly, not the back.

"Bacon" is the way that the pork is cured rather than a cut. We have other cuts of back as well as "back" although "back" and "streaky" are the types most likely to be sold these days.

Sue

Waaayyy better, but because parfaits are pre-made, a few times found the crunchy part a bit soggy. One reason I love the made tableside muesli..you pick out the mix of fruits, nuts, grains, various sweeteners or none, yogurt or milk, etc, etc...made to your exact wishes, mixed seconds before eating. Whichever way you like breakfast, they will bend over backwards to make it perfect. VERY quiet, usually opened around 7:30am, but time varies with the ports/sea days. Easy to linger there and be pampered. Had the time to get to know most Blu waiters, talk about their homes and family, etc. because they are not rushed as can happen at dinner.

Archived