worried re:FUTURE OF RCCL

DONNALAKA

I have LOVED every RCCL cruise i took, and am looking forward to 5/2012 but i am feeling disheartened and a little nervous (as i have recommended this line to many people in the near future)

1st : the way San Juan incident (left passengers stranded) was handled recently and

2nd : the problem w/the not adding/subtracting correctly their financial statements.........

3RD: i have also needed the help from RCCL w/a recent booking and the reps i spoke to while friendly had a hard time giving answers to my basic questions and different reps (happens each call ~ can't speak to same person) have different answers. very frustrating i think i am going back to the brick and mortar TA for awhile .............

does anyone else have concerns or is this just the ebb and flow of the times ?

While all three of your points are frustrating, all mainstream cruiselines have similar policies and issues. I've used a brick and mortar TA and had problems, so I'm better off handling things with RCI on my own.

So, I generally just go with the flow. I like the RCI product - I've tried other lines but have come back.

I have LOVED every RCCL cruise i took, and am looking forward to 5/2012 but i am feeling disheartened and a little nervous (as i have recommended this line to many people in the near future)

1st : the way San Juan incident (left passengers stranded) was handled recently and

2nd : the problem w/the not adding/subtracting correctly their financial statements.........

3RD: i have also needed the help from RCCL w/a recent booking and the reps i spoke to while friendly had a hard time giving answers to my basic questions and different reps (happens each call ~ can't speak to same person) have different answers. very frustrating i think i am going back to the brick and mortar TA for awhile .............

To be honest, I think you are worrying for nothing. The first incident was a fluke and was the result of an unusual circumstance. I say that with confidence because time and time again, they have reacted much better than that. Look at when the Independence was forced to leave port early due to a tank explosion on the dock. The ship stuck around off shore and the passengers were assisted in a much better way.

Your other 2 are understandable, but not indicative of the service and treatment you receive on board. I just got off an RCI ship yesterday and as usual, I could not have been happier with my cruise experience. I recognized several crewmembers for outstanding service in my comment card.

Totally understand all your frustrations. I definitely do not cruise with Royal because of their excellent customer service reps.:rolleyes: But I love the ships, service, and perks.

They have 2 IMPORTANT STORM UPDATES listed on their FB page, however as of 12:30 eastern time they have not updated their website with either of these. One is the closing of the port in San Juan. Think that's a tad important to know?:confused::mad:

Oh look! I just checked and the website is now updated...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much. At the end of the day Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is still the second largest cruise operator in the world. Every company is gonna have it's highs and lows.

I think that everyone has already done a good job of telling you not to worry, but I wanted to comment on #3.

When you call, if you like your dealings with that person, ask for his/her name and telephone extension. Then you can just call that person whenever you want/need anything.

:)

To be honest, I think you are worrying for nothing. The first incident was a fluke and was the result of an unusual circumstance. I say that with confidence because time and time again, they have reacted much better than that. Look at when the Independence was forced to leave port early due to a tank explosion on the dock. The ship stuck around off shore and the passengers were assisted in a much better way.

Your other 2 are understandable, but not indicative of the service and treatment you receive on board. I just got off an RCI ship yesterday and as usual, I could not have been happier with my cruise experience. I recognized several crewmembers for outstanding service in my comment card.

Not according to the two passengers left behind! :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much. At the end of the day Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is still the second largest cruise operator in the world. Every company is gonna have it's highs and lows.

Who is the first largest cruise operator?

I recently booked with a Certified Vacation Planner from RCL who was super!!! I got his extension number and he said I should call him directly for future cruises, and to tell my friends and family to call him, as well. WE had a nice chat, and he said I should call him if I want to get a job with RCL when I retire!! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give up on RCL just yet. I'm leaving on my 10th cruise in 34 days (Enchantment) which will make me a Diamond member, and I've enjoyed every one on them!

Archived