What is your favorite map of Venice?

dln929

I got maps inside my Venice and Italy tour books.

Barnes and Noble or any large bookstore will have a few Venice maps. Or you can wait until you get there; the street vendors around Piazzale Roma and St Marks sell them for 1E.

I hadn't even thought of buying one from the street vendors *this is one of those "duh" moments but I certainly like the price over what maps cost here.

We took two that I purchased at Amazon. We ended up using the FREE one provided by our hotel more than the others! :D

Again, FREE and local is a good combination!

thanks everyone, I'll wait until I get there.

This past May we picked up a map at the airport tourist office. It was 2E and we found it very good...much better/more detailed than the freebees that the hotels hand out.

I bought the vaparetto pass from VeniceConnected and one of the places I can get the tickets is at the airport tourist office so we'll be stopping there anyway. I"ll take a look at their maps. Thanks!

We have an overnight and a day in Venice. Everyone says we're going to get lost (and that it's lots of fun) but even still, I want a map! There are lots of choices out there. What are your recommendations?

My fav. map of Venice is the street view on http://www.veniceconnected.com Click on Venezia 360. Enlarge the map on the right and double click on any location. You will be right there !!!! Someone has walked all the streets and some of the canals with a 360 deg. camera. I'm told they did it before google earth. You can 'walk' the streets and view anywhere in venice you wan't to see. For example, this is a view of the dock next to our hotel Ca Angeli on the grand canal. You can 'walk' there or anywhere else in Venice with this wonderful toy. Try to find your way out of the Corte del Forno Vecchio.!!!It's a maze.

1807858426_Screenshot2011-09-10at9_11_48PM.jpg.aad9878fb4a78b88699011432301a037.jpg

1366357739_Screenshot2011-09-10at9_21_24PM.jpg.c42c93b7705562dee92ba91285adf8af.jpg

din929...we also bought a vaporetto pass on line and we got the map at the same place as we picked up our passes. When you exit the baggage area turn left and walk about 150 feet. You will see four tourist booths on your right hand side- against the wall. Thats where you pick them up. If you have gone as far as the rental car area you have gone too far.

My fav. map of Venice is the street view on www.veniceconnected.com Click on Venezia 360. Enlarge the map on the right and double click on any location. You will be right there !!!! Someone has walked all the streets and some of the canals with a 360 deg. camera. I'm told they did it before google earth. You can 'walk' the streets and view anywhere in venice you wan't to see. For example, this is a view of the dock next to our hotel Ca Angeli on the grand canal. You can 'walk' there or anywhere else in Venice with this wonderful toy. Try to find your way out of the Corte del Forno Vecchio.!!!It's a maze.

Very nice! Now I know that I absolutely must pack my sturdiest and most comfortable walking shoes. ;)

din929...we also bought a vaporetto pass on line and we got the map at the same place as we picked up our passes. When you exit the baggage area turn left and walk about 150 feet. You will see four tourist booths on your right hand side- against the wall. Thats where you pick them up. If you have gone as far as the rental car area you have gone too far.

Thanks, I've copied your directions into my notebook. We have horrendous connections on our flight to Venice so I know we're going to be glassy-eyed and brain dead by the time we arrive. Directions are good.

Archived