shopping in miami before cruise

pvoris01

We are cruising from port of miami but flying into FLL and taking a shuttle to the pier. Has anyone checked in at the port and then left the ship to shop in miami before the cruise departs?

We need to get distilled water for my friends CPAP machine since we are flying to Florida and can't pack it. Also if anyone has suggestions as to were to shop and if we need a cab to get there.

We will probably uses SAS for shuttle if anyone has used them before do they know if they will stop at a store before getting to port?

We are cruising from port of miami but flying into FLL and taking a shuttle to the pier. Has anyone checked in at the port and then left the ship to shop in miami before the cruise departs?

We need to get distilled water for my friends CPAP machine since we are flying to Florida and can't pack it. Also if anyone has suggestions as to were to shop and if we need a cab to get there.

We will probably uses SAS for shuttle if anyone has used them before do they know if they will stop at a store before getting to port?

On embarkation day, all the ports are pretty much setup for a one-way flow of customers from the street, through security & check-in, and onto the ship. You probably could check in and then turn around and leave, but I don't think it would be that easy to do.

Also, at Miami you'd have to have some kind of transportation from the port back into the city to do your shopping, and then back out to the port again.

Much better to do your shopping on the way to the ship.

If you are flying in the day for the cruise which is always risky I would not plan to check in at the pier and then go back and forth.

If this was me I would arrange for a private car, and include a stop on the way to the Port of Miami. There is a CVS right near Bayside which you can have them take you to where you could pick up distilled water and any other last minute items. From there it's a 10 minute drive to the port.

Keith

SAS, QLS and other shuttle service MAY be willing to stop for shopping on the way to POM if the other passengers agree.

The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in a day early - do your shopping in FLL before you leave for POM. Good luck! :)

Archived