How does the wine package work?

Pattyd227

We are getting the wine package for our upcoming cruise and I know I can get a bottle at dinner and bring the rest to my room (some people have written they have not been able to bring it to their room but the majority from what I have read can) but what I am wondering is can I order a bottle for my room to drink on the balcony and can I order it by the glass?

If I order it by the glass how do they keep track of how much I drank and how do they credit it to my package?

Thanks in advance!

:)

We are getting the wine package for our upcoming cruise and I know I can get a bottle at dinner and bring the rest to my room (some people have written they have not been able to bring it to their room but the majority from what I have read can) but what I am wondering is can I order a bottle for my room to drink on the balcony and can I order it by the glass?

If I order it by the glass how do they keep track of how much I drank and how do they credit it to my package?

Thanks in advance!

You cannot get wine "by the glass". You get your bottles. If you don't finish a bottle, they will cork it for you and save it until you ask for it at your next meal. Or, as you have learned, you can take it away with you.

They keep track of your bottles for you, but it wouldn't hurt to track them yourself! ;)

You cannot get wine "by the glass". You get your bottles. If you don't finish a bottle, they will cork it for you and save it until you ask for it at your next meal. Or, as you have learned, you can take it away with you.

They keep track of your bottles for you, but it wouldn't hurt to track them yourself! ;)

Thanks!

You get a sticker on your cruise card. The first night you eat, you show it to your server. They will bring you your choice of wine and a no charge receipt to sign. As noted, if you don't finish the bottle, they'll bring it the next night. They keep track . . . and you can too. It works well.

If you plan to eat in one of the "extra" restaurants (e.g., Chops), they will still bring your wine if you ask. It may just take a few extra minutes.

If you get the Wine Package get the sticker from where you purchased it

and let the MDR be your first night's dinner. While on the Liberty the

Wine Package seller did not have the sticker. We went to Portofino the

first night and they had no sticker to go by and BIG COMMOTION...

The 2nd nite we went to Chops, still no sticker and BIG COMMOTION.

We had the receipt but no sticker...

Once we did get it straightened out, they know by your sticker or your

receipt (in my case) which package you got. (platinum, gold, silver)

and they give you the menu for that package and you select a wine.

My friend loves wine at dinner so there was never any to take away.

I have heard that you cannot take the wine with you, but I suppose

you can if you do not tell the server you are doing it.

How much do the wine packages cost for a 9-night cruise? We are doing the Navigator 9-night New Year's sailing, if that makes any difference. Being that we are more than 2 month from embarkation, rccl.com does not yet show prices or have the ability to purchase any of the packages.

How much do the wine packages cost for a 9-night cruise? We are doing the Navigator 9-night New Year's sailing, if that makes any difference. Being that we are more than 2 month from embarkation, rccl.com does not yet show prices or have the ability to purchase any of the packages.

The packages are priced by the number of bottles you buy. In addition, they have Gold, Platinum and Diamond packages - Gold is the least expensive and Diamond the most. The prices are standard across the fleet, I believe.

And have you visited our Roll Call? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

Adventure of seas has let us take bottle from table this year and last and the waiter even gave us glasses to use so no issue there.

very pleasant on the balcony.

the larger the package you buy hte bigger the discount. still a bit steep though!!

The packages are priced by the number of bottles you buy. In addition, they have Gold, Platinum and Diamond packages - Gold is the least expensive and Diamond the most. The prices are standard across the fleet, I believe.

And have you visited our Roll Call? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268

Yes, I've visited the Roll Call, thank you! I know I'm not the most active user, but I can't wait for this cruise. We did 9-nights on the Crown Princess for NYE last year... we are not addicted to the NYE cruises, but it has to be at least 9-10 nights lol... 7 just isn't enough anymore.

I saw the different packages on the website, but do you happen to know what the prices are? So you pay per bottle, but the prices must be discounted right? Any insight on how this works would be much appreciated!

Yes, I've visited the Roll Call, thank you! I know I'm not the most active user, but I can't wait for this cruise. We did 9-nights on the Crown Princess for NYE last year... we are not addicted to the NYE cruises, but it has to be at least 9-10 nights lol... 7 just isn't enough anymore.

I saw the different packages on the website, but do you happen to know what the prices are? So you pay per bottle, but the prices must be discounted right? Any insight on how this works would be much appreciated!

Hank, someone did an analysis of each of the wine packages and the actual savings based on the price of the individual bottle prices, I'll see if I can locate it for you.

We just recently returned off the Serenade, I purchased the 5 bottle Platinum package for myself (wife only drinks the really sweet wine). Since I drink two glasses for dinner, I was able to stretch the 5 bottles over the course of the 7 night cruise. I got to the last night and considered bringing the last bottle home with me but remembered the bottles of liquor that we purchased that were already in the suitcase.

Hank, someone did an analysis of each of the wine packages and the actual savings based on the price of the individual bottle prices, I'll see if I can locate it for you.

We just recently returned off the Serenade, I purchased the 5 bottle Platinum package for myself (wife only drinks the really sweet wine). Since I drink two glasses for dinner, I was able to stretch the 5 bottles over the course of the 7 night cruise. I got to the last night and considered bringing the last bottle home with me but remembered the bottles of liquor that we purchased that were already in the suitcase.

Found it, try the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129043&highlight=wine+package+analysis

You get a sticker on your cruise card. The first night you eat, you show it to your server. They will bring you your choice of wine and a no charge receipt to sign. As noted, if you don't finish the bottle, they'll bring it the next night. They keep track . . . and you can too. It works well.

If you plan to eat in one of the "extra" restaurants (e.g., Chops), they will still bring your wine if you ask. It may just take a few extra minutes.

If I may please I wld like to ask u a question? Where do u get the sticker for your cruise card? I booked online before my cruise?

Thanks for this info! :)

If I may please I wld like to ask u a question? Where do u get the sticker for your cruise card? I booked online before my cruise?

Thanks for this info! :)

Our first night at dinner when I gave the Bar waiter my cruise card he brought it back with the sticker on it. The sticker is really not needed, your wine package is connected to your cruise card information. When my cruise card got demagnetized I was given a new card without the sticker and was told by Guest Relations that the sticker was not necessary.

No one really answered, can you order a bottle for your room? We are purchasing the Diamond 5 bottle package and would love to have a bottle in our room for predinner drinks.

Thanks

You can certainly ask for bottle of wine in the dining room and take it back to your cabin. However, if you want a bottle from your package before the first dinner, I don't know how that would be done. Normally, wine from the wine package must be requested from the main dining room, or one of the specialty restaurants. If you really wanted a bottle before the first dinner, and you could not get it from your wine package, then you could purchase a single bottle from one of the bars, or from room service.

No one really answered, can you order a bottle for your room? We are purchasing the Diamond 5 bottle package and would love to have a bottle in our room for predinner drinks.

Thanks

You can order wine and champagne to be in your cabin when you arrive but it is done through the Gift purchase area. You nominate whether it is to be available in the Dining room or in the cabin, but if you take the cabin wine to the Dining room they will charge you an extra corkage fee. So keep the wine ordered for your cabin to enjoy soley in your area.

Thanks

I am going to order a Bottle of Dom for the cabin upon embarkation. (major special event ) as well as a package, thinking a 7 bottle pkg for our 9 day cruise) . you could always order a bottle on top of any package for delivery the first day.

Archived