Cannot Upgrade on Early Saver rate?

Pootimer

I would like to upgrade from an outside cabin to a balcony on my upcoming Triumph cruise. I've been told by Carnival that since I booked an Early Saver fare for my January cruise, I cannot do this because I'm not eligible for the lower "Pack n Go" rate (for 2 people); that rate is only good for a triple or quad.

Is there ANY type of rate, including senior, that I can upgrade with? The Early Saver fare seems quite limiting if you want to go from outside to balcony, or inside to outside cabins.

I think you can upgrade after booking with ES rate, but the Pack & Go sales are different because they are all "guarantee category" and not specific cabins.

You should be able to upgrade with any other fare code tho, like senior, past guest, etc.

I would like to upgrade from an outside cabin to a balcony on my upcoming Triumph cruise. I've been told by Carnival that since I booked an Early Saver fare for my January cruise, I cannot do this because I'm not eligible for the lower "Pack n Go" rate (for 2 people); that rate is only good for a triple or quad.

Is there ANY type of rate, including senior, that I can upgrade with? The Early Saver fare seems quite limiting if you want to go from outside to balcony, or inside to outside cabins.

The limitation isn't upgrading... it's the TYPE of upgrade. In the case of Pack n' Go rates the cabins are 'guarantees'... you pick the category (Inside, Ocean View, Balcony...) and Carnival picks the cabin for you. With Early Saver you select your category AND your cabin allowing you to control the location.

:)

I upgraded on an ES from inside to OV using the PackNGo rate a few weeks ago. The only catch is that you have to give up your assigned room and they will assign you another one in the new category.

Yeah, that. :) It's a gamble because they put you wherever they want and can wait until up to 24 hours before sailaway before they assign you a room! :eek: That said, I had my room assignment about 24 hours after I confirmed that I wanted to give up my old room and let them choose my new room.

I used the online form here and was told to choose the 'upgrade' option. I went from an inside to a balcony for $0 just last week. :D Good Luck getting your upgrade!

Maybe the problem is you have 3 people?? Im a little confused by your post as you mention the problem is pack n go is only for 2 people.

I am cruising solo and I was allowed to upgrade, but they said they allow upgrades on a case by case basis.

Are you looking for a triple?? try clicking thru and see if the pack n go allows 3 people to book... and if so, then I would just submit it with the price drop form. If its extra money you might have to call. Too many unanswered questions to say for sure what the problem is... but yes, I was allowed to upgrade just last week on ES.

PS yes I upgraded using pack n go last week.

Great but can you give us a little explaination as I was refused. Thanks

Not the OP but you have to be looking at fares that are not guarantee (like Pack & Go, Fun Saver) you want to be looking for FunSelect, Past Guest, Resident Rate (if you qualify for those) you have to be matching your cabin category with the same number people. Have you looked at the fareviewer to help you out?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Enter in all info~ check past guest or senior IF they apply to you, check your state for possible Resident rates~ then enter the captcha and click on the go button and a list will appear , you will have to scroll down, and click on the rate you want to look at the click continue, and you will see all the different categories for the type of cabin you chose~if it's lower than what you paid~ FOR ONLY CRUISE FARE~ then you can fill out the ES form http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

and you should be approved. HTH~

Like PP said you might be able to upgrade using a guarantee rate but you will have to give up your cabin and be assigned one by Carnival, so if you're willing to risk being put where ever they choose, ask to do that~but you run the risk of being under the galley, the lido deck, near a nightclub...etc..

Thanks for all your comments.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. We are two people, were told by Carnival last week we could not purchase a balcony (were booked in an outside) because it was a Pack n Go rate that I saw on-line (on the Carnival fare checker webpage) which only applies to triple or quad cabins, which we don't want.

I will keep an eye out for senior, home state, etc., fares. Again, thanks for your help.

Archived