WiFi on the Coral?

LadyLeo84

We will be sailing on the Coral in less than 2 weeks!! Just wondering if there's WiFi on the ship and if so, is it in the cabins or do you have to go to a specific area to be able to use it?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Trudy

Hi Trudy, we're on the same cruise as you. I've always purchased the internet package on a cruise, and for the first time I'll have my iPad with me. Am assuming the cost for internet will be the same as previous cruises, but I'll hopefully be able to use my iPad in our cabin.

Sue.

WiFI on every ship is very slow...

As mentioned, the Coral does have wifi, including in cabins (and balconies), but it can be pretty slow at times.

For this reason, we have found that, in order not to unnecessarily burn through your internet package minutes, rather than composing email replies while online, it works very well to get online and download any emails we may want to read (if your email client doesn't do that automatically, you can also just copy and paste the contents into a MS Word or Notes or other text editing document.) We'll then read the emails and compose responses offline. Then, next time we get online, we'll just copy and paste our responses into reply emails. We've found this makes a BIG difference in the number of internet minutes we go through on a trip.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your cruise. The Coral is a lovely ship. :D

Thanks everyone for all of your reponses!! You've been a great help. I am really happy to hear that the Coral does indeed have WiFi on the ship and in the cabins/balconies too!! I hadn't thought about using Word and composing and reading emails off line. Great idea for sure and will certainly save on my internet minutes!!

We're really looking forward to sailing on the Coral. We sailed on the Island to Alaska 2 years ago and absolutely loved that ship.

Sue. . .can't wait to see you on the ship. Are you going to any of the Meet and Greets?

Thanks again!!

Trudy

Thanks everyone for all of your reponses!! You've been a great help. I am really happy to hear that the Coral does indeed have WiFi on the ship and in the cabins/balconies too!! I hadn't thought about using Word and composing and reading emails off line. Great idea for sure and will certainly save on my internet minutes!!

We're really looking forward to sailing on the Coral. We sailed on the Island to Alaska 2 years ago and absolutely loved that ship.

Sue. . .can't wait to see you on the ship. Are you going to any of the Meet and Greets?

Thanks again!!

Trudy

Thanks again!!

Trudy

Thanks everyone for all of your responses!! You've been a great help. I am really happy to hear that the Coral does indeed have WiFi on the ship and in the cabins/balconies too!! I hadn't thought about using Word and composing and reading emails off line. Great idea for sure and will certainly save on my internet minutes!!

Thanks again!!

Trudy

Trudy, I'm also on the coral with you and use the internet all the time since I work on line and have to do some work everyday. We get 500 free minutes and usually it's enough to get me through the cruise, even with the slow satellite connection. In addition to what was suggested about doing as much as you can off line, also if you use it early in the morning or later in the evening, there is less traffic and your connection is better.

I will be at the sailaway, M & G, and slot pull from the roll call so if you have any questions, my name and cabin # is listed there. See you on the 26th!!

Spyro

Trudy, I'm also on the coral with you and use the internet all the time since I work on line and have to do some work everyday. We get 500 free minutes and usually it's enough to get me through the cruise, even with the slow satellite connection. In addition to what was suggested about doing as much as you can off line, also if you use it early in the morning or later in the evening, there is less traffic and your connection is better.

I will be at the sailaway, M & G, and slot pull from the roll call so if you have any questions, my name and cabin # is listed there. See you on the 26th!!

Spyro

Thanks Spyro!!! I really appreciate all of the info. I have used WiFi in the cabin on another cruise line, but didn't know if the Coral had that availability or not. Looking forward to meeting you at the M & G and seeing you at the slot pull too. Our group is sailing from Vancouver and we leave 1 week from tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!!

Trudy

The Wifi on the Coral was the best we have had from our cabin but then we were located right near a server in the hallway. A trick we have found in the cabin, if the signal is weak, is to hold the door open with a stopper as the steel doors impede the signal. It usually jumps up quite a bit. All the other tidbits valid re: off line email responses and timing of usage. Also pictures or big files tend to really slow it down. We ask family to hold off on sending the biggies while we are cruising. Have fun! Lovely ship.

The Wifi on the Coral was the best we have had from our cabin but then we were located right near a server in the hallway. A trick we have found in the cabin, if the signal is weak, is to hold the door open with a stopper as the steel doors impede the signal. It usually jumps up quite a bit. All the other tidbits valid re: off line email responses and timing of usage. Also pictures or big files tend to really slow it down. We ask family to hold off on sending the biggies while we are cruising. Have fun! Lovely ship.

Thanks for the info White Cat!! I was really happy to hear that there's WiFi in the cabins on the Coral and that I don't have to go find it in another area of the ship. Hadn't thought about keeping the door open in the cabin to improve the signal. Where was your cabin located? Do you know how I would find out where the servers are?

Trudy

Thanks for the info White Cat!! I was really happy to hear that there's WiFi in the cabins on the Coral and that I don't have to go find it in another area of the ship. Hadn't thought about keeping the door open in the cabin to improve the signal. Where was your cabin located? Do you know how I would find out where the servers are?

Trudy

We were upgraded to an aft balcony cabin, I think it was E725. At any rate, we were only about 4 cabins from the end of the ship. The servers are little white round disks, almost look like a smoke detector and they are spaced along the ceiling in the corriders. Happy surfing.

Archived