QV Question

dundalkspur

The self-serve buffet part of the Lido is free but there is a $10 charge for the speciality waiter-served sections of the Lido.

On Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 there is a $10pp supplement on themed nights in the optional dining areas. The evening buffet is free of charge but the Indian/Chinese/French/Italian dining with full waiter service in the Lido and Kings Court will be charged at this rate.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/cover_charges?keepNLPQuery=true&oldid=KUENF2GRP1AFH1KP7941DGB9LM

The self-serve buffet part of the Lido is free but there is a $10 charge for the sy waiterpecialit-served sections of the Lido.

On Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 there is a $10pp supplement on themed nights in the optional dining areas. The evening buffet is free of charge but the Indian/Chinese/French/Italian dining with full waiter service in the Lido and Kings Court will be charged at this rate.

/quote]

Many thanks for your reply - Just a couple of questions please.

1.Is the evening buffet served in one place at the same time as the themed option ? ie if we dont opt for the theamed can we go to the free section?

2.Say On a themed Indian night is the same food available in the free evening buffet -where you help your self or can you only get the say Indian food in the full waiter service in the Lido and Kings Court?

One section of the Lido is closed off for the speciality meals. If you want to do this, you will need to book it earlier in the day, you can't just turn up.

I'm just looking at my programmes from the QV last year. For the Indian alternative dining evenings (6.30pm to 9.00pm), it gives French dinner buffet one evening, American dinner buffet aother evening, Scandinavian dinner buffet another evening and English Pub Fayre dinner buffet another evening (all 6.00pm to 11.00pm). All evenings also have an Italian Trattoria Pizzeria buffet 6.00pm to 9.30pm

The self-serve buffet part of the Lido is free but there is a $10 charge for the sy waiterpecialit-served sections of the Lido.

/quote]

Many thanks for your reply - Just a couple of questions please.

1.Is the evening buffet served in one place at the same time as the themed option ? ie if we dont opt for the theamed can we go to the free section?

2.Say On a themed Indian night is the same food available in the free evening buffet -where you help your self or can you only get the say Indian food in the full waiter service in the Lido and Kings Court?

The Lido on Queen Victoria is in 4 section, only one of them is used for the themed nights. As your approach the Lido there will be a sign with an error showing you which area is open for "free" self service food.

I have never eaten in the Lido so I can't say for sure, but I would doubt that the same food will be avaiable in both sections.

When I was last on Queen Victoria the speciality evening in the Lido was a totally sectioned off area in the starboard aft part of the Lido Buffet. At that time the food in the speciality area was certainly not available elsewhere - it was a great evening - service, food and ambience were excellent.

I will certainly give it another try next week.

Here's my oft-told tale of the level of service provided in the Lido specialty reataurant.

We ate there one night and enjoyed the food and service (even a nominal $10 fee helps reduce the headcount in the restaurant and IMO increases the level of service provided). A couple of nights later I passed through that section late at night for some late dessert. I had picked up a heated plate from the carrel and as I browsed the selections I opted for something that would better be served on a cold plate. The Maitre'd happened to be behind the serving line at the time, and he addressed me by name and offered to get me a cold plate.

Now have distinctive grey hair (DW and I joke that I could never be a bank robber) but it still blew me away that he recognized me and remembered by name two nights after we happened by for dinner.

If you are a fan of the Princess buffet, you may well enjoy the buffet on the OV. We are elite on Princess. We did our first Cunard cruise in March on the OV, we even enjoyed the buffet at breakfast and lunch time. We never did go for dinner because we found the MDR food and service excellent.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we book the OV again for this October. Next trip we may try the buffet in the evening because we will have a port intensive trip in warmer weather. Some nights we may simply wish to be up on the outter decks in the early evening.

Archived