Le Champagne - $30 menu versus $200 Degustation menu

pke-atlanta

I know it changes often, but can anyone post a sample of the wine list offered there? We are both appreciate wine, but $300 or $400 is a good bit more than I want to spend.

I would love to see both a wine list and sample menus. When we traveled on the Whisper (4/2004, we cruised with Crusininsince75) they did a great job in the Restaurant of accommodating her food allergies and preferences, but we did not try Le Champagne.

Thanks Wes for pointing out the option to buy ourselves the degustation menu prior to cruising.

We ate at Le Champagne 3 times during our 10 day voyage. Twice we enjoyed the full degustation menu and were very satisfied with the quality of wine and the excellent food pairings. It gives us an opportunity to try varietals we would not normally purchase. The third occasion we were with a group of 7 and everyone was ordering an individual bottle so we followed suit.

It is my opinion that Le Champagne is an excellent venue. The pours were generous and the service was attentive and the pace was set by us. At the start of the cruise, we looked at each menu offering and choose the option that best suited our palate. Not every line item was to our liking but, there's more than enough food that you don't have to eat every course.

Whether you choose one dining option over the other, I think you will be quite pleased in this venue.

KaraokeQueen, you're very welcome. So glad you enjoyed Le Champagne. We look forward to dining there at least twice when we board the Spirit in less than two weeks.

One ? tho please, do we get to hear you sing Karaoke during our Amazon River cruise on the Cloud next November?

I would love to see both a wine list and sample menus. When we traveled on the Whisper (4/2004, we cruised with Crusininsince75) they did a great job in the Restaurant of accommodating her food allergies and preferences, but we did not try Le Champagne.

Colonel Wes posted a link to the Avid Cruiser's website with the menus further back in this thread:

Go here: http://www.avidcruiser.com/2011/05/1...the-extra-fee/ and see these:

Le Champagne Degustation Asparagus*

Le Champagne Degustation Bordeaux

Le Champagne Degustation Burgundy

Le Champagne Degustation Caviar

Le Champagne Degustation Flavours of the Fall*

Le Champagne Degustation Italy

Le Champagne Degustation Lobster*

Le Champagne Degustation North America

Le Champagne Degustation Spain

* denotes chef Julie Le Gallic’s personal favorites

Colonel Wes posted a link to the Avid Cruiser's website with the menus further back in this thread:

Go here: http://www.avidcruiser.com/2011/05/1...the-extra-fee/ and see these:

Le Champagne Degustation Asparagus*

Le Champagne Degustation Bordeaux

Le Champagne Degustation Burgundy

Le Champagne Degustation Caviar

Le Champagne Degustation Flavours of the Fall*

Le Champagne Degustation Italy

Le Champagne Degustation Lobster*

Le Champagne Degustation North America

Le Champagne Degustation Spain

* denotes chef Julie Le Gallic’s personal favorites

Unfortunately I can't get the link to work, it would be good to see the menus again.

We dined at Le Champagne twice during our 7 day Spirit cruise. We had the Asparagus menu, and the Italy menu. We decided against the wine pairing option since they had some very good wines by the bottle, at very reasonable prices compared to London restaurant prices, for example.

We found it a very pleasant environment, and hope to dine there on at least three occasions during our next (14 day) cruise.

KaraokeQueen, you're very welcome. So glad you enjoyed Le Champagne. We look forward to dining there at least twice when we board the Spirit in less than two weeks.

One ? tho please, do we get to hear you sing Karaoke during our Amazon River cruise on the Cloud next November?

Be cautious what you wish for! :) If there will be karaoke, I'll be there.

Isklaar,

The link didn't work for me either so i went to the Avid Cruiser website and searched Le Champagne and the article came right up. Hope this helps.

Patty

Very helpful, thank you Patty. I had searched 'Silver Spirit' (Doh!) and didn't have the patience to check through each page that came back.

The post was written about a week before we sailed on Spirit so the menus are the same that we had - very nice to look at them and remember the food as we didn't get a copy of the menu during the cruise.

Here's the link to the menus in case anyone else would like to see them :

http://www.avidcruiser.com/2011/05/18/upgrade-your-silversea-cruise-dinner-at-le-champagne-worth-the-extra-fee/

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Cloud and did the $30/person dinner. We bought a 2006 Bernardine Chateauneuf-Du-Pape for $55 that was very good and a reasonable price. It was rated a 92 by Wine Enthusiast and can be purchased online for $50. So I think we got a good deal on the wine and a very good meal. The theme was American. Check out my blog for the details of the meal.

I am realy looking forward to the Spanish menu...

Dear Duct Tape: I hope you were pleased at Le Champagne, but my husband and I, both hispanic, recently returned from enjoying the Spanish menu in the Cloud and were a bit disappointed. The nuances of good Spanish cuisine we did not find. The "tapas" were excellent, and all went south after this first course. We met the chef, a very young Asian man, with probably little experience. The wines are being discussed in this thread. We decided on a bottle of Rioja, which was adequate. The sommelier told us that this precise wine would be the highlight of the pairing option for the Spanish meal. We would have been disappointed had we ordered the pairing option! Ithaca

Recently back from our trip on the Shadow. We did decide to go ahead and do the wine pairing at Le Champagne and reserved the night they were serving the lobster menu. I have to say that, at least on the night we dined there, the food was nothing special. In fact, we enjoyed La Terazza and The Restaurant more than Le Champagne. The service was very good, but I can't say that the wines they were pouring were noticeably better than those they serve elsewhere for free (with the possible exception of the champagne - a Roederer, not Dom Perignon as others have mentioned having). We were glad we reserved early in the trip, so that we could satisfy our curiosity and know that we did not need to go back - even if only for the $30 menu. We just didn't think the food was worth it.

Archived