rude passengers on freedom

sheasey

I think it would be kind of cool to actually sit down and talk to some people who actually know and live next door or work with , or are related to some of the people on here and some of the winners you meet on cruises.

Some people come off like their way is the only way and their you know what doesn't stink.

You know there are a few out there that are the joke of their neighborhood , or the "One in every family" of their family. But on here they are on such a high horse.

People can be whatever they want behind a computer screen. Embellish your cruises or even down play them is very easy to do. Be a guy-girl-old young-whatever you want. Sound like a frequent cruiser who has never cruised or sound like a newbie and really have sailed multiple times yearly!!;) Gotta watch what you fall for on line unless you have actually met that person.

Years ago when the internet and chat rooms first really started , I was working nights and was able to get on during slow times .

It's late , you have to be up, it kills the time you check out these chat rooms .

Everyone trying to pick eachother up and describing themsleves . "My friends say I look like Brad Pitt with black hair" "My friends say I look like just like Angelina Jolie only my boobs are bigger."

And I used to think "Gee why are all these hot looking people sitting home at 10pm on a Saturday trying to "hook up with someone on the other side of the country and talk dirty?"

I am no Brad Pitt , but if I didn't have to be at work that night I would be out having a good time with my friends."

Don't ever pop the ballon of illusion with the long hatpin of reality *LOL*

WOW.

I really never thought anything of putting cruises in signatures. Personally, I enjoy seeing others cruises - to see not only how many but the variety of ships and destinations. I never thought of it as bragging at all. And while some may think it strange to repeat ships, we have enjoyed it. Not only do we feel at home, but we have been able to make sincere friendships with some crew members that we look forward to seeing. Having Rhapsody and Voyager in our home port for so many years was very special and we will miss those folks based on the new deployments.

While there is much truth to the bragging of status, there is also a little bit of mean spiritness directed at those who have been extremely fortunate to cruise a lot. I don't take our ability to cruise "frequently" in the last 12 years for granted. I could care less about others status, what kind of room they are in or whether they dress "formally" on formal nights. I care about how they treat fellow guests and staff.

Someone mentioned that they are tired of hearing about the Concierge Lounge issue. Well, then don't read those 2 or 3 threads - especially since the complainant is "not affected" by it. Those who are affected by it have every right to vent in the appropriate place - which is a thread on that subject. ;) Someone else snarked about people who have eaten at the Captains Table. For whatever luck, we have been invited. It was nice and it's not something to brag about - it was just the luck of the draw. But here's the reverse of what some have said. We saw 2 of our tablemates the day we received the invitation and told them that we wouldn't be at dinner that night so that they wouldn't "wait" for us. They appreciated the heads up, all was well. For the rest of the cruise, the OTHER couple at the table refused to speak to us and became overly hostile. They had been very pleasant until that time. We didn't make a big deal of it, didn't bring it up other than to answer a direct question about it being nice. So please don't assume that the people invited there are always the bad guys or the snobs.

Reverse snobbism is just as bad as snobbism. Money doesn't always buy class. Yes, some D's and D+ and now Pinnacle can be boors. So can the guy on his very first cruise. I don't think we can label any one "group" with such a broad stroke.

Although it has been enlightening to hear that people embellish their sigs. I'm another naive one - it would never even occur to me. :eek:

Nicely put.

Reverse snobbism is just as bad as snobbism. Money doesn't always buy class. Yes, some D's and D+ and now Pinnacle can be boors. So can the guy on his very first cruise. I don't think we can label any one "group" with such a broad stroke.

You are right, and this board has no shortage of either. We have snobs, and then we have angry folks who seem too easily offended by others' status. Luckily, there are a heck of a lot more people who prefer to be helpful and friendly. :)

It's amazing what one person's complaint about a ship sailing too slow started, huh? ;)

Absolutely agreed! I had someone challenge me once on my list of past cruises - not that there are that many obviously, but why did I list them? For exactly the reasons you said. Thank you for speaking for me as well. :)

Oooh, while I ignore the Diamond/Platinum status discussion, I love seeing lots of cruises listed in a signature because sometimes they contain LINKS

As a first time RCL cruiser, I like to think of myself as a Virgin cruiser and not a coal one!:o

When I was on the freedom (july 10th), there were a bunch of teenage girls running around laughing and making really snooty remarks at people and would push me out of my way if i was walking somewhere. it was quite annoying!

\

You should have stopped and shouted:

"Don't you know who I am??? I'm a Diamond+ staying in a suite!"

I'm still a little new to the cruising world but I'm now remembering some folks on our last cruise who acted overly snobbish and I wondered what was up with them. Oh well, there will always be rude people on board ship but they supply good entertainment either way. I do want to say "Thank You" to all the posters with dozens of cruises listed. You are a wealth of information and I appreciate you taking your time to help out 'newbies' on here.:)

WOW.

:eek:

Bully for you my man! I was trying to say that but you did it so much better!;) And I'm not taking down my cruises nor my sparklees! I love sparklees!

I never post all of my cruises for this reason. My DH and I love cruising and just being on a ship is enough for us. Could care less about whether we are diamond or diamond +, reserved seating in shows or reserved seating around the pools. We just enjoy each other on a cruise!!! We appreciate quality of life.

I never post all of my cruises for this reason. My DH and I love cruising and just being on a ship is enough for us. Could care less about whether we are diamond or diamond +, reserved seating in shows or reserved seating around the pools. We just enjoy each other on a cruise!!! We appreciate quality of life.

Beautifully said :)

I'd rather cruise on different cruise lines than sticking with one cruise line to get some sort of "status" that no one really cares about.

Amen. We've cruised on five different lines. Our first on Royal is next year.

So many ships, so little time...

i dont look at where people rank and i dont care , it dont stand out in my mind and i dont consider them anything higher than anyone else...why is it so important? anyone know? As long as im doing what i like and enjoying myself, i dont care where anyone else ranks...i dont even care where i rank...we dont do that on NCL, princess or carnival.

On the Freedom of the Seas, my mom and I were enjoying a few drinks and appetizers together in the Diamond Lounge. Another couple were sitting at a table across from us and one of them said to the other (staring at us and speaking loud enough to be heard by us), "they don't look like Diamond members, we should go complain."

:confused:

We didn't say anything back to them, and when they left a few minutes later they looked disgusted at us and said something to the effect of, "the concierge should do a better job at not letting non-diamond members like them sneak into OUR private room."

I'm surprised the Diamond Lounge Police Duo didn't ask to see our room key cards!

I mean, sheesh, what is a Diamond member supposed to look like? We could of said "Look who's talking" right back at them. :p

Archived