Box of wine

AtoZgirl

What I've read on this subject is that the specific allowance of one 750 ml bottle per person is pretty strict. That means no 1500 ml bottles allowed for two people and no boxes. The rules I'm sure are meant to be simple and specific to speed things up at embarkation. I've read posts where some have gotten on with boxes and big bottles, but it all depends on who is screening the carry ons when you come through. To be safe, I would just follow the guidelines. If you get the wrong screener, you may board empty handed.

Box or bottle 750ml is 750ml.

It is, but Carnival's guidelines specifically say bottles. I didn't make the rule, but you have no argument if on embarkation day you're standing there being asked to hand over your box.

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage

It is, but Carnival's guidelines specifically say bottles. I didn't make the rule, but you have no argument if on embarkation day you're standing there being asked to hand over your box.

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage

Not trying to start a debate ...

OP slip over to http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/14127.aspx

and ASK Mary and Mischelle this question.

I have seen it asked countless times and know what their answer will be.

It is best to ask Carnival Staff instead of non-carnival staff.

Not trying to start a debate ...

OP slip over to http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/14127.aspx

and ASK Mary and Mischelle this question.

I have seen it asked countless times and know what their answer will be.

It is best to ask Carnival Staff instead of non-carnival staff.

I have read over there it is allowed .. hope all the ports know that too.

Some port folks exceed their authority.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I really HATE the thought of carrying glass around, but I know I'd have a 2 year old tantrum right in front of everyone in Port Everglades (you're never too old for tantrums hehe) if they hassled me for bringing 750 ml of wine in a box/plastic container versus being in a glass bottle.

I guess I'll just see if anyone has had luck in Port Everglades... and if not, I'll call Carnival and request documentation to show at the port in case anyone gives me a problem.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I really HATE the thought of carrying glass around, but I know I'd have a 2 year old tantrum right in front of everyone in Port Everglades (you're never too old for tantrums hehe) if they hassled me for bringing 750 ml of wine in a box/plastic container versus being in a glass bottle.

I guess I'll just see if anyone has had luck in Port Everglades... and if not, I'll call Carnival and request documentation to show at the port in case anyone gives me a problem.

I see that Mary Ruiz has answered you question in Funville forums.

What others have done so to avoid confusion they have printed the answer and have taken it with them. Thus far no one has reported denial nor has anyone needed to show the print out.

Happy Cruising

That's interesting to know. Years ago I used to keep the empty bladders from the boxed wine and cut a corner off and fill with apple juice to take camping. All it takes is a Seal-a-meal to seal it up. It was so much easier to throw that in a cooler than fussing with getting a bottle back into the ice.... Just in case anyone wants to take some apple juice with them LOL!

I see that Mary Ruiz has answered you question in Funville forums.

What others have done so to avoid confusion they have printed the answer and have taken it with them. Thus far no one has reported denial nor has anyone needed to show the print out.

Happy Cruising

How do I find out where to find the answer to this question on the funville forum. I would like to print it out to take with me on my cruise also!!

On our last cruise, I took 4 bottles of NA beers for my husband and 4 "small" little bottles of wine through Port Canveral security. She looked at the bottles and passed them by but made us take our fan back to the car.... :mad:

NO FAN???? I always bring a little fan onboard for both cooling and white noise at nighttime.

Anyone else have a comment on this? I'll be lost without my fan :(

I've brought a mini fan before with no problems. We have a balcony on our upcoming cruise, so I won't really need one, but maybe I'll try to bring an older mini fan of mine (if they throw it out... Oh well) to see what they do. What can I say.... I love testing the waters ;op

Archived