Elite status evening social hour

twonpcb

We can all theorize about what should or shouldn't be allowed, but the guidelines are the benefits and happy hr are for Elites and their in-cabin traveling mates, not connected family. When you walk in the initial time, the hostess/host checks you card which identifies you as Elite and would check that the Elite's guest has the same SR number. On our last cruise, a man explained his guest was his non-Elite sister in a next-door cabin. The hostess smiled very nicely and graciously explained the rules that did not allow families/friends/etc to join them. The man was irate, the hostess was very nice but firm and gave him a number to talk to her supervisor.....he never did bring in his sister.

Life with rules.

The club gets very crowded. There are always exceptions, I guess, but I wouldn't count on it and wouldn't get too upset. It it's a big deal your daughter join you, go enjoy one of the many bars where she's allowed, or play the SR switching thing.

Den

If I remember correctly, the cards do not have room numbers on them, just names. On my cruise last year (I'm elite) my friend Louisa traveled with me and we shared the same cabin (her first cruise ever!). At the first elite happy hour I introduced my friend to the hostess so she would recognize her. Louisa's card was white, mind gold. Sometimes I would hit the lounge before my friend, so I would just tell hostess, "Louisa, my roommate, will be here shortly." Never a problem.

Monica

If I remember correctly, the cards do not have room numbers on them, just names. On my cruise last year (I'm elite) my friend Louisa traveled with me and we shared the same cabin (her first cruise ever!). At the first elite happy hour I introduced my friend to the hostess so she would recognize her. Louisa's card was white, mind gold. Sometimes I would hit the lounge before my friend, so I would just tell hostess, "Louisa, my roommate, will be here shortly." Never a problem.

Monica

My last card said "Captain's Club Elite" written on it.

...but don't expect to be able to have a coffee or a coke unless you pay for it. :rolleyes:.

We were just on Connie for 12 nights and many of us had coke, diet coke, ginger ale or tonic water at Elite happy hour and were not charged for it.. If you order it before 5 or after 7 you have to pay for it.

We were just on Connie for 12 nights and many of us had coke, diet coke, ginger ale or tonic water at Elite happy hour and were not charged for it.. If you order it before 5 or after 7 you have to pay for it.

Welsh Wizards, you are NEVER going to live this down.:D

Hope you're doing well, and cruising soon. It'll make you relax after issuing so many mea culpas.;)

Andrew

sorry I caused so much confusion by referring to RCCLas RCI. This is why I never post.

JEAN

Not your fault, many confuse what RCI and RCCL are and I am among them. What's great about CC is there will always be someone to correct you, though I'm not sure your writing RCI was a big faux pas. To be safe, just say Royal owns X, and you can't go wrong.

I have repeatably posted that I spoke incorrectly based on one early experience when the Elite perks were first implemented.

I WAS WRONG.!! I have egg on my face....;):Dcanstock0813335.jpgcanstock0813335.jpgcanstock0813335.jpg..lots of it.:D

You've been a good sport, hope you haven't been chased away.

Archived