Shareholder benefit question

Ryancoke

Could someone experienced with shareholder OBC benefit please help. I applied by email for the shareholder benefit on Monday and asked for a response by email. How long has it generally taken for them to approve or deny and get back? Too early yet to expect an answer. Also what grounds would they deny it for? It appears you might not get the benefit if you had a discounted fare. But aren't most fares discounted due to early booking or as a result of slow sales? If you had a free upgrade would that be considered such a discount? Apparently some types of OBC extended may also disqualify you for shareholder OBC.I can't remember where I read that and whether it referred to OBC from the line or from the travel agent.

I have never received a response from Carnival and I always ask for one, so don't hold your breath. You can find the OBC on your documents under where it lists the breakdown of the cruise cost. I've never had any sharedholder credit denied and you can use it with any fare. It also doesn't matter what other kind of OBC you have.

It takes several days for the OBC to show up on your documents. I specifically asked if the shareholders OBC was combineable with my "future cruise certificate" OBC, and was told that it absolutely was, so I doubt that you'd be turned down for that type of reason. I think you'll see the OBC soon. Just give 'em a few days to get it posted! It's a GREAT deal in my opinion!

"SKY"

Also what grounds would they deny it for? It appears you might not get the benefit if you had a discounted fare. t.

I got a response that "because a minimum of 100 shares are required and you have 700 shares we are denying this request". .. yep someone actually wrote that, so maybe they dont like to respond.

I think it is combinable with pretty much every fare Iv heard of except interline.

I have used the benefit on 7 different cruises and it always shows up on my documents about 2-3 weeks before sailing. Up until this past week I had never received a confirmation email, but this week I received a thank you confirmation with the OBC having been applied. As far as I know as long as you have 100 shares you qualify.

It takes several days for the OBC to show up on your documents. I specifically asked if the shareholders OBC was combineable with my "future cruise certificate" OBC, and was told that it absolutely was, so I doubt that you'd be turned down for that type of reason. I think you'll see the OBC soon. Just give 'em a few days to get it posted! It's a GREAT deal in my opinion!

"SKY"

Same here, I am using both on our upcoming cruise and did on our last cruise. I normally fax info in and it usually shows up in a week or so.

It does make for a nice tax-free dividend!!!

It usually takes a few day but we always receive email confirmation (I ask them to send it). I print it so I have a hard copy to carry onboard in the event there is ever an issue. Never had a problem with it posting to my onboard account.

If there is a problem with the submission, they will let you know. Another thing would be to check your junk email to be sure it didn't get sent there by mistake.

One day last week I emailed my request for shareholder benefit of obc, with proof of ownership of 100 shares attached, early in the morning. I shortly thereafter received an email (some type of autoreply thing) indicating the request had been received. Shortly after that (still that morning) I received an email acknowledging the request and saying to allow time for processing. That afternoon, I received a third email stating the obc had been approved and applied. I then checked my documents online and the obc showed there - for both of the cruises for which I requested the benefit!

Archived