AA meetings on HAL cruises?

snbr

Greetings -

My partner is sober and enjoyed the friends he met in AA meetings on Norwegian cruises. Can anyone tell me if meetings are held on Holland American cruises? We'll be on the Eurodam in December.

Thanks

I believe there are-I think it is called Friends of Bill W or something like that-I had to ask somebody what the meeting was about!

Greetings -

My partner is sober and enjoyed the friends he met in AA meetings on Norwegian cruises. Can anyone tell me if meetings are held on Holland American cruises? We'll be on the Eurodam in December.

Thanks

Greetings -

Thanks

It seems like Friends of Bill meetings are quite common. Not to be confused with Friends of Dorothy, though, cocktails may me enjoyed at the latter. ;)

The times for the Friends of Bill W are listed in the Explorer Daily Program - usually around 5 PM -- and held nearly every day.

On the Amsterdam this summer I noticed that it was held in the King's Room -- which is a storage area now -- they had a podium set up along with a few chairs among everything else stacked in there.

We just returned from the Eurodam and I looked at our 10 days of Explorer that we still have. They were held every day usually at 5pm (one was at 4:30) usually in Half Moon Room, deck 3 but some times they will be in a different location.

Just check the daily Explorer under "Today at a Glance" and it will be listed Friends of Bill W.

Greetings...

We are sailing on the Eurodam, leaving on Dec.3rd. I have sailed on many cruises and have always noted a meeting. Very few attend, but at least there are there. My first cruise on NCL I meet a woman that told us her first meeting for on the ship, and she is still sober.

Hope we meet...I wear a chain with the AA emblem and meet others that way.

Wolf

Archived