Ruby princess sail in 13 days no cabin assigned yet

CHOPPERTESTER

We booked a balcony guarantee and still we have no room assigned. We are getting a little bit worried. Is there anyone else on this cruise in the same predicament? I read that 5 days before we cannot access our cruise personalizer anymore. This only leaves 7 days. I called about one month ago and the princess rep. said that we should know our cabin assignment at least 2 weeks before we sail and that customers getting to the port without knowing their cabin number does not happen, that she knows about. Is this true? This is a Med cruise and we are flying out to Rome 2 days before the cruise.

some people have not gotten a cabin assignment until they are at the pier. so that princess rep was wrong. you for sure will have a cabin. you can still print off all of your documents and if you are taking princess transfers, they may have your cabin number. if not, you can for sure ask at the pier-where they'll tell you so you can fill out your luggage tag correctly. have a wonderful trip, try not to worry, just enjoy the time!

The Princess Personalizer will be closed for changes to your booking only, you can still access your cabin number and luggage tags, boarding passes, right up until the day you board.

But I agree with the previous post, some do not find out their cabin assignment until they get to the pier. Nothing to worry about, this sort of thing happens quite often. You will have a stateroom assigned sooner or later. When booking a guarantee, you can wait quite some time for your stateroom number, while other times it is assigned immediately. If you are the type that worries, I would book an assigned stateroom next time. ;) Enjoy!

I'm sailing today on the Sapphire and got my cabin assignment Thursday only 2 days ago. You CANNOT get into your cruise personalizer the day of sailing, but I was able to access it yesterday and checked my boarding pass to see if my stateroom cabin stayed the same before printing my luggage tags. Today it's gone but I'm ok with that because in a few hours I'll be at the pier.

We booked a balcony guarantee and still we have no room assigned. We are getting a little bit worried. Is there anyone else on this cruise in the same predicament? I read that 5 days before we cannot access our cruise personalizer anymore. This only leaves 7 days. I called about one month ago and the princess rep. said that we should know our cabin assignment at least 2 weeks before we sail and that customers getting to the port without knowing their cabin number does not happen, that she knows about. Is this true? This is a Med cruise and we are flying out to Rome 2 days before the cruise.

Stop worrying and start packing. You are going to have a phenomenal cruise on a beautiful ship in your balcony cabin. Whomever you spoke to should have kept her mouth shut, because passengers very often do get to the port w/o knowing their cabin number. Relax, and don't overstuff your suitcase. :D

I'm sailing today on the Sapphire and got my cabin assignment Thursday only 2 days ago. You CANNOT get into your cruise personalizer the day of sailing, but I was able to access it yesterday and checked my boarding pass to see if my stateroom cabin stayed the same before printing my luggage tags. Today it's gone but I'm ok with that because in a few hours I'll be at the pier.

That's weird, have they changed it recently? As I have printed off extra luggage tags at our hotel the morning we board the ship from the PDF file on our personalizer????? And the luggage tags have the stateroom number printed on them.

Thanx guys.

I have been tracking the minimum open cabins and the roll call to see if guarantees have been assigned. Some with fixed cabins have gotten upgrades so I am assuming they move them first and then finalize the assignment of guarantees.

I can think of multiple reasons why they would delay a guarantee cabin assignment. Extra churn on trying to move within category, extra complaints on less than ideal cabin assignments (even with an upgrade), last minute sales (unlikely at the prices they try to charge), "I've sailed 18 times and why did the 1st time cruiser get the mini-suite upgrade and not me" complaints etc etc.

Downside is in the foreign ports where queueing is a sport. Last March in Civitavecchia around noon there was a huge crowd (practicing queueing chaos theory) trying to get their cabin assignments prior to handing over their luggage. We just rolled around them, handed in our bags, and were on the ship in less than 10 minutes.

Booked this cruise fairly late so got a guarantee to save on costs. Hope we get our assigment before we leave, if not our backup plan is DW screaming and collapsing by the crowd hopefully enough to distract the crowd so I can divide and conquer.

Archived