4 nights pre cruise-Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

simon stingray

Our Christmas cruise sails out of Fort Lauderdale but our flight arrives into Miami very late in the evening 4 days before we sail-we thought we would spend some time in Florida for a change.

We were planning on a hotel in Fort Lauderdale (Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina) as we stayed here in 2009 for 1 night pre cruise and liked the property-but didn't have chance to see much of Fort Lauderdale (or try out the water taxi).

However we have now found what looks like a great offer at the Hyatt Regency Miami-$99/night inc breakfast. This offer has been mentioned on CC in another thread.

It would be nice to have breakfast included in the rate but we are unsure if this location is a good idea for 4 nights-we have previously stayed in Miami but also just for 1 night pre cruise-so also never really had the chance to see any of Miami.

We are also undecided if we should get a car or just use taxi's to get around and to travel from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.

Can anyone help us decide where would be nicer to stay-we can't seem to be able to make a decision on this:confused:

Parking at the Hyatt and most downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels will run about $30/day. :eek:

There's not much to see and do in downtown Miami; Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale Beach or Hollywood Beach are better options. Good luck! :)

If your cruise was leaving out of Miami I would say the Hyatt is a good option but in the end it depends what you like to do.

I would stay at the Fort Lauderdale Property. If you are find driving in a car with the drivers side on the left hand side I would recommend renting a car so you can see more of Fort Lauderdale.

Keith

I would figure out what you really want to see more of in those 4 days, and stay closer to the area you will spend the most time in. I would definitely rent a car for at least a couple of those days. If you do decide to stay at the Hilton Marina, the water taxi stop is right there, but it's also not a fast way to get around. It might be nice for a sightseeing tour from the water, and interesting for a day or 2 to get around some of the areas, but it's slow pace would drive me crazy after that.

Archived